Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

im really torn with Traore.

I can see a Grealish - Buendia - Traore trio as very tasty, but i just feel like we might need it to be Grealish - NEW - Buendia.

Firstly, having some competition for Traore etc would be a good idea anyway, but in terms of Traore, he clearly is really really talented and is capable of the sublime, but as others have said on here, he's half Ronaldinho and half Ronald McDonald!

Im not knocking Traore, but i do think having Grealish, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Ramsey, Chuka etc with one more high level CAM or LW/RW to challenge for places would be beneficial, then if Traore kicks on this season and earns his place, good on him, if the new player we bought deserves the slot, then Traore is an excellent bench option.

Before someone reads just a couple of words and jumps in to Traore defence mode activated, im saying he is very talented, but he also has some holes in his game, hopefully he can improve as others did in their second season, as he is a very talented player, with flaws.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im really torn with Traore.

I can see a Grealish - Buendia - Traore trio as very tasty, but i just feel like we might need it to be Grealish - NEW - Buendia.

Firstly, having some competition for Traore etc would be a good idea anyway, but in terms of Traore, he clearly is really really talented and is capable of the sublime, but as others have said on here, he's half Ronaldinho and half Ronald McDonald!

Im not knocking Traore, but i do think having Grealish, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Ramsey, Chuka etc with one more high level CAM or LW/RW to challenge for places would be beneficial, then if Traore kicks on this season and earns his place, good on him, if the new player we bought deserves the slot, then Traore is an excellent bench option.

Before someone reads just a couple of words and jumps in to Traore defence mode activated, im saying he is very talented, but he also has some holes in his game, hopefully he can improve as others did in their second season, as he is a very talented player, with flaws.

you are right, in what you say, thats why its hard for wingers to play as many games as centre backs,for example....consistency is rare.

you only have to glean from the Euro final... 2 wingers Insigne and Chiesa, quite apart from their talent, their work rate is phenomenal.

Traore's talent is unchallenged, its his involvement that is challenged.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

you are right, in what you say, thats why its hard for wingers to play as many games as centre backs,for example....consistency is rare.

you only have to glean from the Euro final... 2 wingers Insigne and Chiesa, quite apart from their talent, their work rate is phenomenal.

Very good point with regard to work rate in relation to talent, and exactly why I think Buendia was our top target, his talent is equalled by his work rate!

Exactly the type of players we need, the talent AND a willingness to work for the team.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Chiesa is a fabulous player…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Very good point with regard to qork rate in relation to talent, and exactly why I think Buendia was our top target, his talent is equalled by his work rate!

Exactly the type of players we need, the talent AND a willingness to work for the team.

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Very good point with regard to work rate in relation to talent, and exactly why I think Buendia was our top target, his talent is equalled by his work rate!

Its not difficult to see where things went a bit sideways once Jack started to succumb to his injury. Far too many players whos performance would wildly swing in quality; How can you build a side to compete when you don't know what you will get on the pitch?

But bert is the one worth persevering with for the simple fact is that he is enjoyable to watch!

You would imagine that he will improve this season too, and I'm genuinely excited to seeing him play. Buendia will help him here too, especially the defensive side.

What we do need however is more depth as the drop off is too steep once we lose one. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If he can improve on a good debut season then we really do have a potent attack with lots of options and combinations! 

Yes, even last season when we were behind, you looked at the bench and there was no one there capable of changing the game.

Literally itching to get going.

• Like 1

Â