Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 22/06/2021 at 13:38, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

100% agree,  he has massive amounts of pure talent.  Some of his goals / touches are up there with anyone on his day.

He just needs to go past people more,  he has the ability for sure.

I really like him as a player.

And to improve his decision making at times. But he’s really some player! Unbelievable goals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

And to improve his decision making at times. But he’s really some player! Unbelievable goals.

If he can improve all around he can be a superstar because he does some things no one else does, he needs those around him to expect the unexpected. Its up to the coaches to turn him in to a machine.

• Like 3

Interesting that he scored 3 (?) goals with his right foot this season despite basically being unable to complete a 5 yard pass with it a lot of the time. I hope he can continue working on it and at least get comfortable using it because he isn't even that bad with it. And being able to use it to play the ball down the line or put in a cross after cutting back outside (did for the Fulham game and was a tap in) would make him so much harder to defend. 

I just want to see him, Jack and Buendia playing behind Watkins. Those games against Burnley and West Ham etc where we failed to capitalize on our dominance would be done and dusted by half time I'd imagine. One of those 4 is bound to score.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I just want to see him, Jack and Buendia playing behind Watkins. Those games against Burnley and West Ham etc where we failed to capitalize on our dominance would be done and dusted by half time I'd imagine. One of those 4 is bound to score.

Me too! I think he will be our starting RW next season if we play a 4-2-3-1 and I can't wait, whilst sometimes a little inconsistant those 'moments' he has really do make up for it. If he improves on last season he could be sensational.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think he's a great 2nd option. And now with Buendia in the team, he's going to get even more space and room on the pitch. 

He'll once again play a key role in our improvements this year. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's a great 2nd option. And now with Buendia in the team, he's going to get even more space and room on the pitch. 

He'll once again play a key role in our improvements this year. 

That's assuming he'll be playing alongside Buendia in the first place. I think Buendia is more his direct competiton for a starting place.

Only way he's getting in the first team is if we move one of them to AMC but I don't think its going to be Traore considering I don't think Smith has played him in that position once and I believe Buendia was mainly a right winger as well. Plus, our pursuit of Smith Rowe suggests that we're probably going for someone new to play in that position next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That's assuming he'll be playing alongside Buendia in the first place. I think Buendia is more his direct competiton for a starting place.

Only way he's getting in the first team is if we move one of them to AMC but I don't think its going to be Traore considering I don't think Smith has played him in that position once and I believe Buendia was mainly a right winger as well. Plus, our pursuit of Smith Rowe suggests that we're probably going for someone new to play in that position next season.

I see Buendia playing central quite a lot. 

Smith specifically mentioned how he can play central and after the money spent on Traore and the season he's had, I can't see him not starting the majority of games next season

If Buendia was brought in to play on the right, then having Traore and El Ghazi as backup wingers is very promising! 

My gut instinct is still that he was brought in to be a number 10, but I can’t wait to find out. 

Buendia will play on the right that's where he played all last season and where he's mostly played throughout all his time at Norwich, I think what some people fail to understand though is that just because he's going to play on the right that doesn't mean to say he's going to be stuck out wide like an old fashioned winger, he'll be drifting all over the place.

Further evidence to support the idea that Buendia will play on the right is the fact that we're bidding for Smith Rowe, Smith Rowe plays centrally as a No.10, if we'd have bought Buendia with the intention of playing him in midfield we wouldn't also be bidding for Smith Rowe.

Even if we don't sign Smith Rowe or an alternative, I think we'd be more likely to play Grealish in the No.10 position than Buendia, presuming Grealish is still with us that is.

There's still plenty of scope for Traore to prove his worth once again, if Grealish gets injured he could play on the right with Buendia on the left, or the same if Grealish plays centrally. Or he could outperform others and make it impossible to leave him out. Point is we're allowed to have good players like him on the bench.

Absolute wild card this guy. A great asset to the squad when you need some magic to unlock a defence, bamboozle a goalie and leave everyone wondering WTF just happened. 

Not sure he’s the one you need when you need to bust a gut chasing a good opposition with a lot of possession and applying the high press.

Horses for course though. He definitely has his part to play next season. 

• Like 1

Â