Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Glad Bert got to play his first season without full crowds , I fear constant groans and moans early on would have hindered his season the reviews from Lyon fans didn’t help,  very excited to see how he kicks on next season and fully expected him to thrive in front of our support with a full season under his belt, the trickery and inventions he comes up with at times I can only compare to Ronaldinho, Im not saying he’s on the same level by any means but I think he’s the only player in modern football that has me thinking “how on earth did he just to that”

I think he’s going to relish playing in front of crowds and enjoy entertaining the Villa faithful, expect it to raise his game… excited to see how he performs and what sublime skills, cracking goals and further madness/wizardry he can produce 🤣

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think he’s going to relish playing in front of crowds and enjoy entertaining the Villa faithful, expect it to raise his game… excited to see how he performs and what sublime skills, cracking goals and further madness/wizardry he can produce 🤣

Im sure he will especially now he’s settled in, sometimes Im unsure if he does things by accident and just goes with it 🤣 

I think if he's in the same team with Grealish Watkins and Buendia he'll have an amazing amount of space and we need pace like that in a team along with Watkins who is quick. 

The worry with Jack and Buendia is they lack raw pace and like balls into the feet to attack players rather than ahead of them to run onto. 

This is why to me Josh King is a good option as he's a very quick player

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think if he's in the same team with Grealish Watkins and Buendia he'll have an amazing amount of space and we need pace like that in a team along with Watkins who is quick. 

The worry with Jack and Buendia is they lack raw pace and like balls into the feet to attack players rather than ahead of them to run onto. 

I agree Josh King for nothing makes a lot of sense

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Just read he had a groin op on Monday and had been bothered by the injury since Jan - interesting

Just saw this too. Article says it shouldn't keep him out for long and was successful which is good.

Not being a medical professional I often think to ask, when I read about groin surgery on athletes, about what's involved - and what are the criteria for declaring the procedure a success immediately after the op.

And then I immediately think twice about wanting to know.

Edited by est1874

On 13/06/2021 at 23:51, CVByrne said:

Absolute flog that did bugger all in several games for Bournemouth in Championship before Everton move. Been warning people off him in FPL for years. Goal record inflated by penalties

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 23:02, ciggiesnbeer said:

Interesting he was carrying this. Maybe he will be even better next season :) I wont hide my fandom of Bertie. He is such a joy to watch. Seeing him, Jack and mini Emi all play in the same team is going to be amazing. I cant wait.

With a proper pre-season too, I think he's going to shine next season. Going to be a real selection headache for Smith.

• Like 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

With a proper pre-season too, I think he's going to shine next season. Going to be a real selection headache for Smith.

100% agree,  he has massive amounts of pure talent.  Some of his goals / touches are up there with anyone on his day.

He just needs to go past people more,  he has the ability for sure.

I really like him as a player.

Â