Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

His raw stats don’t look great, but you’d imagine that the stats the club are looking at are far deeper and complex. Perhaps they see the reasons behind his poor stats but think in a different set up he would be much better. He does seem to have plenty of pace which would appear to be a factor in our current recruitment. 

With all do respect to fellow posters opinions, I doubt they’ve been founded on the same level of research or expertise that the recruitment team possess. This could be one they’ve got wrong but let’s see how he gets on before we write him off. 

Off course the whole story could be just a load of made up media drivel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

i'm not having all this judging a player based off of other fans' opinions bs. how many villa fans couldn't wait to get rid of players like veretout and ayew who have gone on to play really well elsewhere?

he gets a clean slate as far as i'm concerned.

Surely they see raw attributes we lack and can be improved on with coaching?

5 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i'm not having all this judging a player based off of other fans' opinions bs. how many villa fans couldn't wait to get rid of players like veretout and ayew who have gone on to play really well elsewhere?

he gets a clean slate as far as i'm concerned.

Stop talking sense :)

Just now, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 23 games

Lyon fans on Twitter claiming he has got attitude problems.

Not my cup of tea. Sorry bud.

Look at it this way mate.

This might be our "punt" for This window which could go either way?

Again, pace and power are attributes we have severely lacked. They must see something they can build on.

I know nothing about him if I'm honest but choosing to have some faith.

• Like 2

So Lyon fans don’t rate him, but who is he up against in that team for a starting place? They’ve got the likes of Dembele and Depay playing up front (though I don’t know if he plays the same position as those two). Could it be a case of Lyon fans expecting more than what we’re used to seeing? 

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On this site? They saw Douglas Luiz play 30 games FOR US and still couldn’t spot he has some talent.

That’s a very good point. But a couple of posters that normally have a good eye for players also do not rate him. Plus it seems the Lyon fans want him gone.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Look at it this way mate.

This might be our "punt" for This window which could go either way?

Again, pace and power are attributes we have severely lacked. They must see something they can build on.

I know nothing about him if I'm honest but choosing to have some faith.

I see it a different way.

I look at it as money and wages wasted we could have spent elsewhere.

Â