Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

He excels in a speedy fast game back and forth when opposition is panicking and backing off when we're countering.

And to be fair that is where we seem most dangerous..

• Like 1

Has all the skill and vision to be brilliant.

It's his mentality, concentration and physicality which need work.

Been shite recently but nowhere near a lost cause.

Hopefully see a much improved version next season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yep spot on...not given up on him at all.

i fear we will always have an issue with consistency with him but if we get more consistent performers around him then it won't matter as much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He will never have the physical side just like Hourihane. Hes lightweight, light on his feet, great skill but can easily be knocked off the ball. For that reason needs to work on being clever with his body position and trying to protect the ball to at least win more fouls like Jack does. I like Traore though and I'm sure he'll get better. 

As a team though we are badly lacking a big strong player in midfield. We could do with a Toure or a Vieira. Don't make em like that anymore! 

• Like 2

If he passed the ball or crossed it more often then he wouldn't look quite so bad. It's his refusal to use the overlap ( cash will slap him before the end of the season) and 9 times out of 10 fails to cross the ball by trying to do too much.

If he added a bit of common sense to his game, we could afford his lack of physical and defensive presence.

Until then, he is a liability for 90% of most games.

I don’t think I’ve seen a poorer performance from a player for a while. At least when El Ghazi is crap he sort of stays out the way and it’s like playing with 10 men. With Traore it was almost like playing with 10 men against 12.  That cross field pass that nearly put a Liverpool playing through on goal would have been a great assist! 

He needs a lot of work.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 hours ago, brummybloke said:

If he passed the ball or crossed it more often then he wouldn't look quite so bad. It's his refusal to use the overlap ( cash will slap him before the end of the season) and 9 times out of 10 fails to cross the ball by trying to do too much.

If he added a bit of common sense to his game, we could afford his lack of physical and defensive presence.

Until then, he is a liability for 90% of most games.

Yeah pretty frustrating seeing Cash bomb forward only for Traore to ignore him.

20 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think we will see much more out of him, with better players coming in the summer he looks great when we are constantly on the front foot similar to what we were pre covid for the team.

Spot on. Improve the midfield three so we can dominate possession and territory and Bert will be like a different player. He will boss it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 16:01, birdman said:

He will never have the physical side just like Hourihane. Hes lightweight, light on his feet, great skill but can easily be knocked off the ball. For that reason needs to work on being clever with his body position and trying to protect the ball to at least win more fouls like Jack does. I like Traore though and I'm sure he'll get better. 

As a team though we are badly lacking a big strong player in midfield. We could do with a Toure or a Vieira. Don't make em like that anymore! 

They are out there, we just have to look and focus on one.....you have to want one intrinsically...some posters have picked a few out.

I am not sure, we are interested to be honest....We will just keep signing wingers until we get that right.

McGinn has shown, he is better suited further forward so is Dougie Imv.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Heading into that Arsenal trap.

Signing too many samey players

How are trez, el ghazi or traore anything 'samey' at all? Considering the post you have quoted is regarding wingers.

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Heading into that Arsenal trap.

Signing too many samey players

In fact, having thought about it... Which players has Smith signed that are 'samey', across the whole pitch?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

This guy really has turned out exactly the way the Lyon fans were describing him.

We'll see what he can do next season but so far terrible signing

In your opinion.  In my opinion, he’s not been a terrible signing.

Frustrating without a doubt and recently been annoying but like most of the team have recently. He cost approx 18m, has scored 6 goals and I think 4/5 key assists so far.

By comparison, Adama at Wolves, who is valued at 40m plus, has 1 goal and perhaps 2 assists this season. Jack Harrison at Leeds has scored 7 goals and has approx 5/6 assists. Benrahma at West Ham, who most of us wanted on here, with 24 league appearances this season but only 2 EFL Cup goals only.  I could go on.

To say he’s been a terrible signing is extremely harsh.  I doubt he’ll be amazing throughout next season and we’ll still see the inconsistency but for the money, he’s done more than ok in my view. He’s not an elite player but I can accept that for what we paid.

50 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

How are trez, el ghazi or traore anything 'samey' at all? Considering the post you have quoted is regarding wingers.

Their all inconsistent? Traora is a strange player , he could be very special but he could also be very poor. Suppose  that's  the problem  with buying  players who still need  to develop, your never quite sure which way its going to go.  

Be interesting to know how he was scouted and by who, what data was used, if any.

Â