Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

20 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

As a Lyon fan, I've seen Traore play and followed his career.  I know nothing about Rashica.  

Jonathan Johnson who covers French Football for a living and is a Villa fan is also very skeptical about the signing. You can read his detailed thoughts here: https://underagaslitlamp.com/2020/09/14/the-aston-villa-transfer-enigma-in-bertrand-traore/

Anyway, once he puts on the Villa shirt, I will totally root for his success.

Thank's for the article, that was interesting. Seems like he doesn't question his ability but rather his lack of consistency. In another article former manager Garcia said he was one of the most talented in the squad but needs to do more.

In the comments in the beginning of this thread he was branded very mediocre among other things, felt like we were paying 20M for a new Tonev or something. Now the feeling is more that his talent isn't in question but consistency and application is rather the problem (which imo could be as bad as lack of talent!).

You who follow Lyon, do you agree with the ppl saying talent isn't the problem, but consistency and application?

And what would you say is his best position? I've read that he have even played right back, mostly right forward, but that he himself prefers playing as a striker.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I was fully expecting this deal to get announced today. Do we think/hope we're looking to stretch out the good vibes over a period of days with Grealish yesterday, Martinez today, Traore tomorrow and so on? 😁

Traore completes his medical in Denmark.

Announced by Villa within next 24hrs.

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Attitude problems.

Inconsistency.

The profile of player.

What attitude problems?

Edit: sorry just seen pasted article. Hmm - he doesn’t sound like a typical Smith signing. We’ve been pretty good at signing players with a good work ethic and mental resilience (AEG being the exception maybe). Can see why people are concerned, although in the grand scheme of things it’s a low price for a player with plenty of Champions League experience.

Edited by KentVillan

Â