Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Interesting that club after club wants to get rid.

More like ajax produce a talent Chelsea snap them up. And because it is Chelsea they are awful at bedding in young players (this season excluded) so he goes out on loan to lyon and performs so he signs, but after a change in management and formation he no longer fits their system and is left as the odd one out.

That being said I personally don't want him because I think there are other rws available for a similar price who would outperform him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Call me old fashioned but I miss the old days when players were just announced with a scarf above their head at villa park. You knew nothing about them but you were so excited and It was then your job to some how find something about them with a positive attitude but more often than not you wouldn’t. You then judged them on how they performed in a Villa shirt over the course of their contract.

Old fashioned

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He looked good at Ajax and has obviously been brought in to help us play on the counter (I am sure that would have been a priority for Shakespeare). 

This signing also seems to have wound up KenjiOgiwara and villalad21 which is fun to watch 😂

Interested in seeing what he can do in a Villa shirt. 

mrw GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Just a quick search of Lyons history and seeing they won the league 7 times in a row gave me a pretty good idea on the type of fan they have. They have the Man Utd class of fan that expect everything and turn on anyone the moment they dip in form, which funnily enough probably contributes to their form declining for a longer spell than necessary. 

Lyon were the PSG in terms of money ~15 years ago.  They were one of the richest clubs in the world at that time.  Their owner has since seen stupid money come into the league and has decided to run his club like Daniel Levy instead of spending stupid money to keep up.  Their fans are exactly like Man United fans, in that they're bitter and delusional about everything now that they aren't on top anymore.  

• Like 4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't know if Traore is going to be any good or not.

I do know that judging him on the opinion of Lyon fans, or FIFA, or youtube clips, is pointless. Very different clubs, operating on very different levels.  

The numbers are good, the pedigree (Chelsea, Vitesse, Ajax, Lyon) is good. If you get a remotely average Premier League forward for £19m, you've done ok. Chill and go with it. 

I don't know shit about him, and will wait to see him with my own eyes at Villa than deferring to the ever-reliable football fans or edited YT clips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

When he signed for Liverpool, they claimed he would be the biggest flop since Fernando Torres and would fail to make an impact in the Premier League. I presume all those tweets are deleted now.

I forgot to mention that this was after he'd scored 19 goals for Roma in 2016-17.

Football fans are in no way the be-all and end-all. I know Chelsea fans' feelings on Salah is just one example of fans being twattish and unreliable - though I don't see why anyone here should need reams upon reams of evidence of this, unless it's somehow escaped their notice - but it's one that's stayed with me for a while now.

Edited by His Name Is Death

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Just a quick search of Lyons history and seeing they won the league 7 times in a row gave me a pretty good idea on the type of fan they have. They have the Man Utd class of fan that expect everything and turn on anyone the moment they dip in form, which funnily enough probably contributes to their form declining for a longer spell than necessary. 

It's basically what I was alluding to earlier in the thread when I said it seems they might be  "Frances equivalent of Villa fans".

Massive history with success, demanding, bitter and entitled that they haven't done the business for a while etc.

"We are Lyon! etc etc"

With cringe French accents. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Looking at detailed stats what's interesting is the 4 seasons before last he scored 14 in 28 playing centre forward and many of those were limited minutes. Perhaps he's a target for Watkins backup potential as well as winger 

One of the reasons i'm not overly worried, not if he was our main forward or only forward signing I would be more concerned.

But it's clear we just plan to run defences ragged with pace and fluidity.

As a couple of others have pointed out it should also raise the game of our existing underperformers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct.

Although Traore left just as Rashica had arrived?

Wikipedia seems to say Rashica arrived on trial about 8 months before Traore left. The trial obviously went so well that he was offered a contract to take Traore’s place!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of the reasons i'm not overly worried, not if he was our main forward or only forward signing I would be slightly concerned.

But it's clear we just plan to run defences ragged with pace and fluidity.

As a couple of others have pointed out it should also raise the game of our existing underperformers.

Or spell the end for them, whichever the case may be. 

It's good to have options and a squad. Not every signing has to make you salivate, they just have the raise our performance overall, 'points per game' as Dean Smith would have it, to provide value. 

• Like 3

Â