Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Djimi Traore wasn't a bad player.

If Lyon fans who watch their team week out says he's shit. I trust their judgement. 

You've spent about three years disagreeing with every Villa fan (most of the time) so why not practice what you preach on here too? Or do you only pick to believe certain groups when they confirm a bias?

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

And yet hoardes of them still insisted Trezeguet was better. 

That's simply not true and if you believed any of the minority suggesting he was near Salahs level that's on you. We weren't signing a player better than one of the best in Europe for €8mil from Turkey, were we. Use common sense 

So much hyperbole in this thread with people getting very stressed out over something they can't control. He might have been rubbish previously, but many players have looked dreadful, then come good in the right environment. How about we wait a few months and see how he's doing once he's played a bit? With all of the good that's going on at the club at the moment I'm surprised to see so much anger.

• Like 1

even from watching the vids, he looks very tricky and lightening quick, but even his best bit vids show virtually zero end product, that doesnt bode well, because you can make almost anyone look good in those vids.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

That's simply not true and if you believed any of the minority suggesting he was near Salahs level that's on you. We weren't signing a player better than one of the best in Europe for €8mil from Turkey, were we. Use common sense 

There were **** loads of them. I didn't take a poll on everyone in Egypt to work out the percentages. 

And of course I didn't think that. You miss the point that was being made that fans know **** all and are emotional creatures. Use your knowledge of language. 

I know next to nothing about Traore. Sometimes I feel like the only person on here that doesn't claim to watch 5 different leagues regularly. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

This dude was an unused sub for the Bordeaux 0-0 Lyon Friday night...........

Lyon played a 3-4-3 with Memphis Depay on the left and Karl Toko Ekambi on the right

Depay subbed for Tino Kadewere 

Ekambi subbed for Rayan Cherki

Thus is the standard keeping him out, what does this say about him, what do we know about them and what does that mean for Aston Villa?

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

This dude was an unused sub for the Bordeaux 0-0 Lyon Friday night...........

Lyon played a 3-4-3 with Memphis Depay on the left and Karl Toko Ekambi on the right

Depay subbed for Tino Kadewere 

Ekambi subbed for Rayan Cherki

Thus is the standard keeping him out, what does this say about him, what do we know about them and what does that mean for Aston Villa?

Or maybe he was held out because his transfer was pending...?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

even from watching the vids, he looks very tricky and lightening quick, but even his best bit vids show virtually zero end product, that doesnt bode well, because you can make almost anyone look good in those vids.

The last person to have that problem? Trezeguet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

There were **** loads of them. I didn't take a poll on everyone in Egypt to work out the percentages. 

And of course I didn't think that. You miss the point that was being made that fans know **** all and are emotional creatures. Use your knowledge of language. 

I know next to nothing about Traore. Sometimes I feel like the only person on here that doesn't claim to watch 5 different leagues regularly. 

Well then, misunderstanding, my bad

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Week or so ago there was apoplexy because we’d only signed one player......now we’re recruiting in a key area and people are still not happy.

JT must have some insight on this guy from Chelsea days, let’s just see how he does before marking him down as the next Tonev.

Was thinking the same about JT and the Chelsea connection.  If he is known for his electric pace, perhaps JT suggested him or at least gave his feelings about him to the transfer committee? 

After 5 or 10 games we’ll know if he’s an asset or not.  It’s all about improving the team/squad and last season most on here were saying Trez looked like a competition winner, so the bar has been set pretty low.  

On that basis I’m willing to give him a chance.

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If we had been relegated there is a 0% chance of pulling off a signing like this. We just barely scraped survival. This guy has consistently played at a high level his entire career and still has his prime years ahead of him. He is a goalscoring, assisting, pacey inside forward/ winger. He ticks every box he needs to for a player we need in our side. 

Reserving judgement is absolutely fine or being sceptical due to Lyon fans judgement on him. But there's no need to write the poor lad off before he's even managed to have a medical. 

Either way I'd prefer him to trez & elghazi. 

Â