Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

It's came out of nowhere this one. It looks like a board room signing, which is always worrying, but looking at the videos of him makes me think he's the kinda player Smith wanted Jota to be in the premier league but soon discovered he didn't have the physicality or pace to do it. Smith likes his wide right man to cut back inside. Traore does that a lot. Cash will be working overtime with him ahead of him though - defensively he ain't that good. Don't know where this leaves Rashica if true.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is kind of like the Trezeguet signing. His videos aren’t great, those who have seen him play don’t seem to rate him and his stats aren’t great.

I’m not sure about this one at all. 

He looks like an improvement on Trezeguet, TBH...  Trez only has pace and work ethic.  His decision making, dribbling, and passing skills are atrocious, so getting someone with a bit of dribbling flair is an upgrade.

I’m wondering whether we’ve had offers for our current wingers and had to get someone in or are we upgrading them? Traore is an upgrade on El Ghazi, who is at the cross roads needed a strong season to remain at Villa, maybe the decision has been made?

Lyon fans are delighted someone is looking to buy him for a reason. Especially at that fee.

This is a very sceptical move to me.

Of course would support him should he arrive, but I think there are far better options out there for that kind of money.

10 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I’m wondering whether we’ve had offers for our current wingers and had to get someone in or are we upgrading them? Traore is an upgrade on El Ghazi, who is at the cross roads needed a strong season to remain at Villa, maybe the decision has been made?

Traore has 8 goals and 6 assists in 57 league games over 2 seasons. How is he upgrade on AEG?

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It's came out of nowhere this one. It looks like a board room signing, which is always worrying, but looking at the videos of him makes me think he's the kinda player Smith wanted Jota to be in the premier league but soon discovered he didn't have the physicality or pace to do it. Smith likes his wide right man to cut back inside. Traore does that a lot. Cash will be working overtime with him ahead of him though - defensively he ain't that good. Don't know where this leaves Rashica if true.

How have you jumped to that conclusion?

As I mentioned in the Summer Transfers thread - I follow Lyon very closely.  Traore is very mediocre and can't even get on the pitch these days, despite 5 substitutes being allowed in the French League.  He was an unused substitute in the recently concluded UCL matches as well.

I would say he is slightly better than AEG, but has similar attitude issues.  No way worth anything close to the reported 17M.  Read the Lyon forums and you'll see that their fans do not rate him and are surprised he would fetch 17M.

Edited by nepal_villan

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has 8 goals and 6 assists in 57 league games over 2 seasons. How is he upgrade on AEG?

Traore is a good player, the stats may just reflect the style of how he’s played at Lyon. El Ghazi hasn’t proved himself in the PL yet, this had to be his season, maybe if Traore is signed the competition will be good for him.

17 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Think I would be a lot more comfortable if this was a loan with option to buy instead of the fee being quoted 

I would only be comfortable with this if this were the case, but if the link is accurate then a bid rejected suggests we're either not going down that route.  Hopefully the link is total rubbish anyway...

Â