Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

What the **** is going on in this thread?

I've barely heard of the guy and I've come on here and read half of VT so utterly convinced it's a terrible signing that they want the DoF sacked?

Even for VT this is weird

I mean, we can't moan about us not signing anybody anymore so now we have to convince ourselves the players we're signing aren't good to have a good moan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What the **** is going on in this thread?

I've barely heard of the guy and I've come on here and read half of VT so utterly convinced it's a terrible signing that they want the DoF sacked?

Even for VT this is weird

*laughs in DOL*

I just worked out, with the help of Wikipedia, that he scored about once every four games for Lyon, I think. I'll take that! Did AEG and Trez score every four games? Well, I guess El Ghazi wasn't that far off, actually. And Trez went close. "And then there's my wife. And Captain Johnson...  But that's beside the point!" (The Colonel, Montypython).

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just worked out, with the help of Wikipedia, that he scored about once every four games for Lyon, I think. I'll take that! Did AEG and Trez score every four games? Well, I guess El Ghazi wasn't that far off, actually. And Trez went close. "And then there's my wife. And Captain Johnson. But that's beside the point!" (The Colonel, Montypython).

I don't really care about Trez's goals return. I saw enough of him last season to know he is quite shit. So if we're trying to improve on him then I approve.

I don't know if I've ever seen Traore play so I can't comment on whether he's a good replacement.

I glean from this thread that he's the worst player to ever play the game and is also the reincarnation of Hitler

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really care about Trez's goals return. I saw enough of him last season to know he is quite shit. So if we're trying to improve on him then I approve.

I don't know if I've ever seen Traore play so I can't comment on whether he's a good replacement.

I glean from this thread that he's the worst player to ever play the game and is also the reincarnation of Hitler

... despite scoring one goal every four games and being a winger, not a centre forward. We could have done with him up front last season instead of Samatta and Davis, for example (sorry you two guys, but it was just awful and very nearly disastrous).

14 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just worked out, with the help of Wikipedia, that he scored about once every four games for Lyon, I think. I'll take that! Did AEG and Trez score every four games? Well, I guess El Ghazi wasn't that far off, actually. And Trez went close. "And then there's my wife. And Captain Johnson. But that's beside the point!" (The Colonel, Montypython).

This is where @KiwiVillain shines. lol

EDIT: is @Kiwi-Villan also you, or another... Kiwi... Villan?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is where @KiwiVillain shines. lol

Ah, is he a fellow Wiki man? Good lad. Maybe we can be junior research assistants in the Villatalk stats department (on the fourth floor, near the photocopiers). 🤓

Edited by robby b

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, we can't moan about us not signing anybody anymore so now we have to convince ourselves the players we're signing aren't good to have a good moan.

Aaaaaah the classic good ol' moan. Ambrosia of the disconsolate amongst us.

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Ah, is he a fellow Wiki man? Good lad. Maybe we can be junior research assistants in the Villatalk stats department (on the fourth floor, near the photocopiers). 🤓

I'm a transfermarkt man and detailed stats for PL players from members section on Fantasy Football Scout 

Traore had 24 league appearances as CF in 4 seasons before last for 12 goals. One 5 game stretch at CF in Holland scored 1 1 1 1 2

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Didn't realize this forum changed to North Korea Talk where we must simply fall into line and accept and praise every player that is signed. 

Anyway I have said my piece about this player as both a Lyon fan and an observer of French football.  I hope I am proved completely wrong. And I'll certainly back him to succeed the moment he puts on a Villa shirt.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Didn't realize this forum changed to North Korea Talk where we must simply fall into line and accept and praise every player that is signed. 

Anyway I have said my piece about this player as both a Lyon fan and an observer of French football.  I hope I am proved completely wrong. And I'll certainly back him to succeed the moment he puts on a Villa shirt.

As a Lyon fan you must back him to succeed either way presumably? ;)

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

my problem isn't with anyone giving their two cents on the player. that's what the forum is for. it's with people basing their opinion solely on the opinion of other people and openly admit they won't give him a chance as a result.

i care how he plays for aston villa, not lyon.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Come on now. No need to be melodramatic about it. You know that's not what's happening here.

21 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I've not seen anyone dragged off to the gulag yet.

34 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, it's just that your (or anyone else's) opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel, no offence. Your opinion holds the same weight as someone who could say the literal opposite. They're just that, subjective opinions.

I could go on a United forum and give my opinion that Jack Grealish isn't very good. Doesn't mean jack shit, excuse the pun.

Â