Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

While i'm slightly concerned about his consistency being an issue, just being quick will already be a massive boost to our attack. Traore, Watkins and hopefully Rashica should put an end to how painfully slow we were going forward. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Interestingly he was at Vitesse at the same time as Nakamba and Rashica.

In fact Rashica seemed to take Traore’s spot in the side when Traore went back to Chelsea .

Vitesse friends!

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Lyon were the PSG in terms of money ~15 years ago.  They were one of the richest clubs in the world at that time.  Their owner has since seen stupid money come into the league and has decided to run his club like Daniel Levy instead of spending stupid money to keep up.  Their fans are exactly like Man United fans, in that they're bitter and delusional about everything now that they aren't on top anymore.  

Very much this, Qatar buying PSG and that oligarch buying Monaco really screwed them, it was simply not possible to compete with that money, no matter how many titles they won or how good they were, they simply didn't have the money. Lyon were one heck of a professional and well run club, and still is. I really like the idea of buying players from Lyon, they get proper schooling there. Lyon are a bit in the same mould as Barcelona or Bayern München in that sense.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Lyon were the PSG in terms of money ~15 years ago.  They were one of the richest clubs in the world at that time.  Their owner has since seen stupid money come into the league and has decided to run his club like Daniel Levy instead of spending stupid money to keep up.  Their fans are exactly like Man United fans, in that they're bitter and delusional about everything now that they aren't on top anymore.  

To be fair to OL fans that doesn't sound a million miles away from the path Lerner took us. Except they were successful and won things.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

Thread makes nicer reading now. A few pages ago people were losing their minds that Lyon fans don't rate him. Now everyone seems to be in agreement that Lyon fans are a bunch of delusional pricks. This is much better.

Who like doing Nazi salutes among other things. Let's free Traore from his misery and bring him here!

https://www.besoccer.com/new/lyon-charged-for-fans-racism-397439

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The nutmeg at 1,35 😍 😍 😍

Based on some of the comments here,

I expected to see the Right Wing  Nigel Reo Coker.

Obviously it's just Youtube videos but he looks a very skillful player.

You would think he couldn't even control a ball ffs going by our lot.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on some of the comments here,

I expected to see the Right Wing  Nigel Reo Coker.

Obviously it's just Youtube videos but he looks a very skillful player.

You would think he couldn't even control a ball ffs going by our lot.

I agree. He has some wonderful skills and his highlights certainly are exciting (especially compared to what some people were saying in this thread) but to be fair, you can see at the end of several of his moves he loses the ball or kicks it right at a defender. Seems to get out of control every now and then.

• Like 2

Sounds an exciting signing, I don’t get all the hatred. Is it purely the Lyon fans? They’re a consistent Champions League club, and have far better players than us (Jack aside), so an average player for them could well be a star for us. 

Do we know the opinion of Ajax fans of him?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

I prefer Trarore's pace to AEG and Trez but...he better not be anything more than a pacey sub.

17m and add ons for a substitute=Lange out

Edited by maqroll

Â