Playstation 5

villarule123

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Completely missed the fact that I'll need to get an external HD to play PS4 games on the PS5. Better start doing some research.

You dont have to have one.

The ps4 games you have bought from the store digitally, or the discs you already own will work on the ps5.

I may get an external just for my ps4 stuff anyway so they dont take up all of the ps5 storage space.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

You dont have to have one.

The ps4 games you have bought from the store digitally, or the discs you already own will work on the ps5.

I may get an external just for my ps4 stuff anyway so they dont take up all of the ps5 storage space.

Yeah, I read somewhere that you can only play PS5 games on the SSD because of the way it was specially designed, and my brain decided that it meant that you can't use the SSD for anything other than playing PS5 games.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

someone likes SotC...looks good, early access has been out on PC for a while, reviews suggest its like SotC but with more to do and less of the magic / charm of that game

I backed this on Kickstarter about 3 years ago. It's somehow still not finished.

Trying my hardest not to watch too much unveiling videos and stuff but I've heard about the cards thing and now seen a little of them

If developers use them they could be great, the ability to pull up a help video when stuck is a great idea that based on me currently using YouTube to do some trophies I know I will make use of, demon souls comes with 180 help videos available, if developers don't support it then maybe they'll open it up to gamers to provide them

They should make trophy hunting less of a chore whilst maybe adding something I didn't really know I needed to a game - for example they tell you your progress through a level / chapter and approx time left to finish it, I would have liked that during the last of us 2

• Like 2

Pretty essential video from Digital Foundry on the backwards compatibility of the PS5, if, like me, you aren't sold on any of the launch titles, but do have a considerably large PS4 back catalogue and you've wondered how much better they'll play on the new console 

This more than anything else has me reconsidering my decision to put off purchasing a PS5 any time soon. 

I think it sums up the launch of both consoles, a lot of the talk for both is in regards to what they do with last gens games

gamespot were critiscing it for the quality of a disc copy pre patch version of one of the batman games... 

As someone who had the luxury of owning both consoles and playing I think every game I wanted to this gen it's not something that impacts me, if you were an xbone owner crossing over then yeah I get it but it seems pretty strange to me that it's such a big thing 

• Like 1

At the moment I'm not overly excited about the upcoming launch.   Apart from Demon Souls, I'm struggling to think of other games I want to play.   Plus the seemingly huge emphasis being put on backwards compatibility isn't that interesting to me (an i suspect most others) who own a PS4.

Yes my pre-order has been paid for but I don't think I'll be upset if it doesn't arrive on launch day.

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bug snax getting solid reviews! 

I think with the find them all element of it maybe just maybe it surprises me and I enjoy it 

I'd forgotten about that one to be honest!

Bugsnax is gonna be a sleeper hit.

Everyone is buying into PS5 for something else, but everyone will also download Bugsnax with PS+ and fall in love with it. 

I think the same will happen for Destruction: All-Stars in February. It looks like mindless good fun that put most people off with its £70 price + microtransactions, but now that it's free with PS+ it'll thrive. 

• Like 1

Yeah tcgs made some good points about destruction all stars being given away for free and how much better it'll be with more players and with the timing of it how it'll have a bounce after the launch window 

They made it sound like a very clever move by Sony 

Imagine if they get a rocket league / fall guys on their hands

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah tcgs made some good points about destruction all stars being given away for free and how much better it'll be with more players and with the timing of it how it'll have a bounce after the launch window 

They made it sound like a very clever move by Sony 

Imagine if they get a rocket league / fall guys on their hands

It would be very cool if this turned into a Rocket League/Fall Guys situation. 

I am just glad that Sony saw sense. The original plan to release this at £70 on launch day was sending the game out to die. 

I personally hope they keep Destruction All-Stars free forever. As it stands it'll only be free for 2-months on PS+ starting February, but I feel like the game needs to be free forever and monetised in a free to play fashion if it's to succeed long-term.

What tcgs show didn't know was whether or not PS4 owners could add PS5 PSN+ games in to their library now and then download them at a future date

For example if I get a PS5 when the 3rd wave comes around and goes on general sale in April can add bugsnax in December and DAS in February? I hope the answer is yes but I'm expecting it to be no 

Feels like Sony might also be testing the waters a little with psn+ / ps now, they should merge the 2 really, either that or they're doing the 2 month thing because they simply don't have the content 

Â