Playstation 5

villarule123

Just now, Designer1 said:

Totally opposite for me.

I've had launch consoles for PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 (still all working too) and I think this is easily the most excited I've been about one.

Admittedly, the Demon Souls remake is a HUGE factor but just in general I'm really, really hyped.

To be honest, it's kinda nice to have something to look forward to after such a sodbag of a year with COVID etc.

A new Battlefield (to be released in 2022 I believe) would help - but after BFV (which was a huge let down after launch), I'm still sceptical :( 

52 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A new Battlefield (to be released in 2022 I believe) would help - but after BFV (which was a huge let down after launch), I'm still sceptical :( 

I can't wait to see what DICE do with next gen hardware. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can't wait to see what DICE do with next gen hardware. 

Just pray middle management don't get their greasy nips on it. 

How they could **** up a next gen ww2 game is beyond me..  So much wasted opportunity because the core mechanics of the game were cool man. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Just pray middle management don't get their greasy nips on it. 

How they could **** up a next gen ww2 game is beyond me..  So much wasted opportunity because the core mechanics of the game were cool man. 

They need to go back to the drawing board a bit and try and recapture what BF3 had but for next-gen imo. Next game needs to be in a modern setting. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

They need to go back to the drawing board a bit and try and recapture what BF3 had but for next-gen imo. Next game needs to be in a modern setting. 

Yea I'd agree.

Although, I could see them nailing cold war era, it'd be more akin to bad company 2, which is probably my fave after bf1 (am a sucker for the atmosphere/sounds). 

I'd really like to get better at these squad based games.  I've seen some of @lapal_fan BF vids on YouTube and it looks like when you play with a good squad they are completely different beasts.   Unfortunately most of my mates prefer sports or open world games so I end up teaming up with randoms which never ends well 🤣

• Like 1

So with the new lockdown coming into place this week in the UK,  and all none essential retailers having to close,  does this mean a delay for the release of the PS5 because nobody will be able to ship or collect it?

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

So with the new lockdown coming into place this week in the UK,  and all none essential retailers having to close,  does this mean a delay for the release of the PS5 because nobody will be able to ship or collect it?

No. Warehouses and e-retail will still be operating so nothing will change.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No. Warehouses and e-retail will still be operating so nothing will change.

Ok, not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but was interested to see if there would be an impact. 

I'm pretty sure my local indie shop will still complete the sales. I expect them to phone customers with preorders when they arrive and give them time slots to collect - regardless of the store being closed.

I read something similar earlier today for places like Argos.  I went for an option to get it delivered home, and going by passed experience from previous orders during lockdown,  I didn't have any issues with delayed deliveries. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I read something similar earlier today for places like Argos.  I went for an option to get it delivered home, and going by passed experience from previous orders during lockdown,  I didn't have any issues with delayed deliveries. 

It'll be fine. Just as well too really, as it's one of the few things I've had to look forward to this year ☹️

• Like 1

Still haven't got anything other than the new Astro Bot game to play on it though! However, being out of work still I'm going to struggle to justify £70 for Demon Souls so I'll have to suck it up 🙁

• Sad 1

Â