Manchester United

messi11

16 minutes ago, siminjo said:

after 30 min it could very easily been 4-1 to Manu, we were very fortunate to be leading at this time

I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong, they're definitely better than us, but the way they play the ball across the face of the goal is kinda pointless if our defenders are always going to be closer to the goal than their strikers. It's an easy clean up job each time, but I can't say whether this is down to our defenders being switched on or their strikers not being switched on.

out of a 100 times, United would lead after the first half 99 times. We were totally out of pace. They should really been up by 5-6 goals.

Cash probably our weakest link, Luke Shaw is like Messi against cash, the sunday league player.

Steer by far our best, and i like Trez for his enthusiasm and optimism if you can call it that. Even though he plays more like a rabid dog, than a skillfull winger.

Mcginn would really benefit from a new physical regime, he looks laboured sadly

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, siminjo said:

out of a 100 times, United would lead after the first half 99 times. We were totally out of pace. They should really been up by 5-6 goals.

Cash probably our weakest link, Luke Shaw is like Messi against cash, the sunday league player.

Steer by far our best, and i like Trez for his enthusiasm and optimism if you can call it that. Even though he plays more like a rabid dog, than a skillfull winger.

So, what you're saying is we look quite strong? 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, siminjo said:

after 30 min it could very easily been 4-1 to Manu, we were very fortunate to be leading at this time

We were quite lucky in that first half not to concede, but also showed the odd spell of decent play. Cash looks confident on the ball, but may need to think about positioning.

United were most dangerous when Dan James had too much time and space to run into.

McGinn showed some nice play and the goal was pleasing in an old school way. Watkins' diving header reminded me of Andy Gray, properly aggressive!

Edited by Lerner's Driver

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really loving Watkins' movement. Something none of our other strikers offered. 

Haven't seen us have a striker who moves into positions like he does for a while, I guess we're more used to lumping it up or utilising target men who hold the ball up. Watkins' seems like an actual goal scoring striker

• Like 2

Very nicely taken goal, at least.

One only needs to take one look at that and Ollie's movements ahead of the goal, to see what a player like Keinan Davis lacks, goalscoring-wise. And don't get me wrong,. I really like Davis and I hope he gets a good season of competitive football under his belt, on loan to an offensive minded championship team.

8 hours ago, siminjo said:

Apart from that ..... do we look okay ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â