Mark Delaney

sidcow

3 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Unfortunate time to start a thread on the Welsh Wizard, given he's just overseen an 8-1 defeat.

Anyway, decent player but I always preferred Steve Watson at that era of me going down VP.

1) Most under 21 teams will get a dicking from a full time professional squad of first team players. 

2) tenor.gif

• Like 1

Always seemed a more intelligent player than a dynamic player so no surprise he has taken to coaching. 

Didnt he lead the revolt vs O'Leary in 2006, he was wrongly treated by him that season even though he played really well 

In a match at Craven Cottage against Fulham (the year escapes me), Carlos Bocanegra took out Delaney with one of the most disgraceful challenges I’d seen. I don’t think the Fulham player got booked. Delaney lay there in agony and it hit me that the look on a his face was fear for his career: as soon as tackle hit, we held our breaths because we knew his injury record. I think Delaney did the same thing.

This has sprung to mind a few times this season as we’ve seen a number of quite disgraceful challenges that had the potential to do real damage to a player’s career (Wesley being the most obvious). I’ve also had that feeling of ‘why tf did that tackle have to happen to him’.

Anyway, Delaney came back - if not stronger, then more determined to put in those outrageous sliding tackles of his. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Not a bad player and one of the better right backs we've had in my lifetime (probably says more about the dearth in quality in that position since the 80s)

His "Barry must go to liverpool" bollox whilst still employed by the club left a bad taste for me though

I absolutely love Delaney. The most committed player. How many times did he injure himself doing some ridiculously brave clearance writing himself off against the posts or other players.

Think In the end it was one of those knee against the post jobs that was just one too many injury.

Was a really good player as well with a great engine. I was working at BMH towards the end of his playing days he was a real gent off the pitch as well.

Delighted he has stayed around and forged a good coaching career with the club. Strikes me as an ideal personality to be bringing up young players

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I noticed the accent to he didn’t sound like a lad from south wales , but not quite a brum , its funny how people adopt an accent similar to what Der Hammer did 😂

There is nothing that will top Der Hammer's accent - absolutely superb :D 

• Like 1

Â