Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Goalkeeping is as much about mentality than technique. Butland, Hart, Lloris and now De Gea is going that way after a few mistakes they just dont look the same keeper. 

Nyland and Prickford on the other hand have great mentalities, pity they are absolute garbage

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Again don't really understand this link. We do have 4 senior keepers in the books, admittedly quite  a mix of abilities.

I'd rather we spent another 20 million on beefing up our winger/forward options than yet another keeper signing unless Heaton is not going to be back this season. 

I'm with you on this. Rumour has it that we may be without Heaton until next year, although he does seem to be training. I thought Steer could cover for him, until he was fit. He is also training, although I accept that he has been unlucky with injuries. If Heaton will be out for another 3 months then I can appreciate that we may need another keeper, but paying £20m for one?

The link to Romero has gone cold and I suspect the same may happen with Martinez. If we do need a keeper would we be better to look at a cheaper option? Etheridge (Cardiff) or Marosi (Coventry) or someone on loan again perhaps?  

3 minutes ago, John said:

The link to Romero has gone cold and I suspect the same may happen with Martinez. If we do need a keeper would we be better to look at a cheaper option? Etheridge (Cardiff) or Marosi (Coventry) or someone on loan again perhaps?  

Wojciech Szczęsny at Juventus?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John said:

I'm with you on this. Rumour has it that we may be without Heaton until next year, although he does seem to be training. I thought Steer could cover for him, until he was fit. He is also training, although I accept that he has been unlucky with injuries. If Heaton will be out for another 3 months then I can appreciate that we may need another keeper, but paying £20m for one?

I understand and to a large extent agree with you. However a weak GK can cost you a lot of points over three months. If we’re on top of the ffp thing I think we could be looking to buy a first choice GK. A lot depends on how they view Heaton’s recovery both in terms of time and how completely he recovers. He’s no spring chicken and has a poor injury record for a GK. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Hasn't he just won the golden glove equivalent in Serie A? There is no way he'd come here.

What with the chance to play with Jack, Ollie and now probably keep playing with CR7? Of course he would! Oh and Marvellous of course! 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'd hazard a guess around the £25m mark + add ons, I think would cover it.

A bit too rich for us then and as has been said above, he might be reluctant to join us. Let's spend the cash on Buendia instead. ;)

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

I'd love to see the reaction of the sell-on value brigade to that one.

No, you asked if Wojciech Szczęsny started for Juve.

I replied with Buffon?. 

Not that I was suggesting to sign him, just thought he was the No.1 at Juve.

A lot of people are saying "what's the point, we have 4 senior keepers" but in reality we have one senior pro who's been out for 9 months. A poor keeper who's been very poor when called on. A decent championship keeper who's soils but unproven and one keeper who's not in anyone's plans at the club. 

For me a keeper is third on the list of needs 

1 striker (Ollie) 2 winger

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not anymore

he must be doing his badges or something, doesn't play

that said I think most Italian clubs have a 40 year old keeper in the squad

Doesn't play as much and I think he is still hanging on to try and capture the only medal that eludes him - Champions League Winners.

He signed a 1 year extension with Juve a few months back.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

i know he got a nasty injury but is Jed Steer really that bad that Nyland gets in the team ahead of him?

the season we got promoted he was pretty good.

It's much of a muchness. Neither of them are good enough to even be No 2 at this level.

With heaton having a bad injury I'm not surprised we're supposedly after another keeper. 

I didn't expect it to be someone like Martinez (or Romero) but it makes sense.

• Like 1

Â