Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I'd like to see him backing himself to find Luiz a bit more. I know it's a risk passing through their forwards, but there have been a few occasions where I thought a decisive pass direct to Luiz could have started a good attack and he has the ability to do it.

On 02/11/2020 at 15:09, briny_ear said:

Poor Emi, I hope he’s not feeling too shell shocked. 7 goals in 2 games and a whole load of shite defending going on in front of him. Post match discussions must be interesting just now.

Hes part of the defensive team, hes also made mistakes, I'm hoping as a group they are owning and rectifying them.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Deserves some recognition for that catch and throw - unreal.

Just has that "wall mentality" - best villa keeper for many a year.

I couldnt agree more... Heaton has got some work to do to get that spot back...

Edit: And by spot, I meant the Number 1 keeper spot... Not the spot of being the best Villa keeper for many a year...

Edited by DJ_Villain

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

And by spot, I meant the Number 1 keeper spot... Not the spot of being the best Villa keeper for many a year...

He probably was our best keeper for many a year until Emi.  He managed that in four months of playing time which says a lot about our recent keepers.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

He probably was our best keeper for many a year until Emi.  He managed that in four months of playing time which says a lot about our recent keepers.

Fair statement... The last quality keeper I remember us having was Freidel...

and that was the best part of 10 years ago...

Gollini looks like he could have been decent, but we didnt have the time or the patience for him under the old regime...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Gollini looks like he could have been decent, but we didnt have the time or the patience for him under the old regime...

tbf i think Heaton was a quality keeper, its just unfortunate he got injured half way through the season, wasnt ready for the first 3 months of the new season, and we went out and bought Martinez who has proved to be a quality keeper again, probably of such high quality that if he carries on like he is, i would consider him on the Friedel/Bosnich level of quality.

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Gollini has definitely proven that he’s a very good keeper but we have two top top keepers in our squad now so all’s good.  I quite like Steer too.  He must be due a testimonial soon!

Â