Jump to content

Emiliano Martínez


Recommended Posts

Wasnt tested was he apart from when he had to run out and deal with a run at edge of box, dealt with it wonderfully. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wasnt tested was he apart from when he had to run out and deal with a run at edge of box, dealt with it wonderfully. 

Watching the highlights he was tested a couple of times, covered the angles well for one chance, and i thought he did really well with a shot that was deflected, and he was quick enough to dive to his left and get it, very nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think he might be the best signing we made this summer. The bloke deals with everything with such confidence, £20m was an absolute bargain. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Inheancho's shot in the first half. Nothing special, but it went straight into his gloves and he held it, was like it was magnetised to his hands. So reassuring to have a keeper that wants to catch and hold a shot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was pure class today, the save on that shot that was deflected off Mings was really good, looked quite easy at first but when you see the replay from behind it's a real super save.

He was quick out of his line at a couple of times and his passing was top class. What a signing!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He was pure class today, the save on that shot that was deflected off Mings was really good, looked quite easy at first but when you see the replay from behind it's a real super save.

He was quick out of his line at a couple of times and his passing was top class. What a signing!

Yes he saw that very late and it was a nasty deflection. Was actually a great reaction save but got very little publicity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember where I read it, I've read so much Villa related stuff in the last few hours, but he is the most bought player on fantasy football this week

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, colhint said:

I can't remember where I read it, I've read so much Villa related stuff in the last few hours, but he is the most bought player on fantasy football this week

Yep. Non owners were freaking out on FF Scout chat praying for a Leicester goal

Edited by Kiwivillan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years we've had some awful keepers, but we've also had keepers that I haven't really had any major issues with besides distribution of the ball maybe. Most recently I'd say Heaton looked great until he got injured, Nyland really wasn't all too bad and I really wouldn't have been mad if Jed Steer was our keeper - he's played his role tremendously since he joined us.

That said,  after watching Emi Martinez it is so evident that he is way better than any keeper we have had for a very long time. Distribution, his calmness on the ball, the way he commands the area. He catches everything. Everything. Corners and set pieces I no longer watch in fear, I just wait for the man in green to tower up and catch the ball out of the sky.

Thank you Arsenal. Thank you so much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â