Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I think our interest is fabricated. It's no coincidence that Arsenal has offered him a new contract which he rejected. Ultimately they will come back with improved terms and he will sign. We are just being used to get a better deal from them.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i know he got a nasty injury but is Jed Steer really that bad that Nyland gets in the team ahead of him?

the season we got promoted he was pretty good.

Steer keeps getting injuries  though 

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i know he got a nasty injury but is Jed Steer really that bad that Nyland gets in the team ahead of him?

the season we got promoted he was pretty good.

He still made a lot of errors that season. Shot stopping was good, but aside from that I didn’t rate him. Look at the PO SF against Albion some of his kicking that game created chances for Albion

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Again don't really understand this link. We do have 4 senior keepers in the books, admittedly quite  a mix of abilities.

I'd rather we spent another 20 million on beefing up our winger/forward options than yet another keeper signing unless Heaton is not going to be back this season. 

Heaton is currently injured and has suffered major injuries in his last 2 seasons he is 34 years old. Steer is untested at this level and is also Injury prone. Then we have Nyland. - Major worries there for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Won’t he be Arsenals number 1 this season? 

Apparently not - thats why he wants to move. Think the Arsenal no 1 keeper is fit again now - but Arse would like to keep Martinez as number 2 

• Thanks 1

Â