Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Heaton is a quality goalkeeper. The competition between them should be v healthy. It will be Martinez shirt to lose though given the injury. Steer is also a very strong option as a #3. 

I agree 100%. Steer was on the bench last night and for me, once he's fit he would be number two, until Heaton, is himself match fit. If Emi is as impressive as it seems, he will then face a similar battle for a starting place, as he faced with Pope at Burnley. Really tough on Heaton, who had really impressed me, before injury struck him down, but we badly needed a top quality keeper, if as it seems, Tom is to be missing for months, rather than for weeks. 

Edited by John

35 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Welcome Emi!

When he makes his debut he will be our 9th goalkeeper since our first season in the Championship - Gollini, Bunn, Steer, Johnstone, Nyland, Kalinic, Heaton, Reina...

It's a position we definitely need to stabilise.

Well, you know what they say. Goalkeepers are the new managers.

Anyway, welcome, Emi! Hope you're our Brian Clough of goalkeepers.

• Like 1

Arsenal fan quotes. Love to see it! 

"Don’t understand this at all. Leno is good but Emi is exceptional. Tall, athletic, great handling, commanding, good with his feet and has a calming influence on the defence. You just feel it will take something special to beat him. He has presence & really fills the goal. I’ve nothing against Leno and hope he has a great season but he just doesn’t dominate like Martinez."

"I'm gutted, I think he's much better than Leno and would have preferred to keep him. I honestly think we've made a bad decision, but he wanted guarantees that he would play and he'll do that at Villa. I hope they appreciate what they've got, an excellent goalkeeper and lovely person, I've actually cried over this. Good luck Emi, I hope you get to represent your country, you deserve it."

"I realise that football is much about business these days but it hurts a little when a player of his ability and long service leaves the club. One of the few modern goalies who manages to actually catch the ball rather than punch every time there's a shot. I hope Arsenal don't regret this in the near future but good luck to the lad."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Ørjan Nyland:
You're Emiliano Martínez!

Emiliano Martínez:
Yes.

Ørjan Nyland:
You play goalkeeper.

Emiliano Martínez:
Yes.

Ørjan Nyland:
I play goalkeeper too.

Emiliano Martínez:
So?

Ørjan Nyland:
Well, are you better than me?

Emiliano Martínez:
Well, I've never met you, but... yes.

season 3 GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is he our first Argentinian player.......?

All of my Arsenal and Reading supporting mates arce telling me that we've got one hell of a keeper on our hands. Someone that also has the right motivations and who seems like a really good guy. He may seem a tad expensive right now but, in the long-term, I think we've got a bargain here.

4 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Is he our first Argentinian player.......?

All of my Arsenal and Reading supporting mates arce telling me that we've got one hell of a keeper on our hands. Someone that also has the right motivations and who seems like a really good guy. He may seem a tad expensive right now but, in the long-term, I think we've got a bargain here.

Jake Gyllenhaal GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I hope he is as good as a previous  Arsenal reserve goalkeeper we signed, and I am not talking about Stuart Taylor!

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

• Like 2

Â