Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i would like us to get Martinez, but i also find it really strange, Martinez would only come here to be no1, if thats the case is Heaton going to be no2?, also cant see him being happy with that?

I know Heaton is injured and we dont know how his recovery and future injuries might pan out, but still.........we will have two no1 goalkeepers, both of whom would expect to be no1 i would think.

It’s what you need to be a successful PL team, genuine competition for places & motivated players.

Very few (if any) players should be comfortable or an automatic pick if you really want to succeed at this level.

Heaton won’t be with us for the long term either and is injury prone but will be selected if he shows he is better... wonderful to have genuine competition for places.

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He does seem like an excellent shot stopper.

Whats his ariel ability like with crosses etc?, and whats he like in terms of command of his box and communication with defenders?

What I liked about heaton aside from his shot stopping, was that he was an excellent communicator and had good command of the box.

He appears to have “the lot”, delighted if we get this done.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Loads of Arsenal fans want him as their #1 and are going mental at the thought of him being sold for only 20 million

Christ they are literally every single one of them on Twitter begging him to stay. I want this keeper baaaaaaaaad..

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Loads of Arsenal fans want him as their #1 and are going mental at the thought of him being sold for only 20 million

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The standout keeper after lockdown, appears to have all the right qualities.

Helped his team to 2 trophies recently too, not bad...

I liked his attitude in the cup final. His emotion and want to succeed. I just genuinely don’t know Much about him other than his period this season. Prior to his spell this season, appears very much in the background. Maybe just never given the chance. Seems a good shot stopper. What’s his aerial ability and distribution like? Will he be involved with Argentina?

Â