Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I said in the match thread, he repeatedly criticised the club in interviews after he left, and even gave some comments (back when we actually looked better than them, not massively inferior) about moving to a better club.

I love him, but the idea he has done nothing to wind up Arsenal fans is way off the mark.

I came on to slag the Arsenal fans off for booing their ex reserve goalkeeper for 10 years for moving to a club where he could play regularly , I wasn’t aware that he had made such comments, if so it now makes sense.

• Like 1

Is there extra time in FA cup this year or has that been scrapped?

We'd still have been in league cup if he'd played v Chelsea. He's psyching out some of the best penalty takers in the league currently.

Edited by VillaChris

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I said in the match thread, he repeatedly criticised the club in interviews after he left, and even gave some comments (back when we actually looked better than them, not massively inferior) about moving to a better club.

I love him, but the idea he has done nothing to wind up Arsenal fans is way off the mark.

Let me know if I’m wrong but I think he has been constantly misquoted. He never said Villa were better - he just said it was a better place to be for his career. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-emi-martinez-doubt-22002627

Aston Villa's Emilano Martinez has had to return to Argentina following a family emergency regarding his father, who has undergone surgery.

The Argentine international is currently training alone in Ezeiza, which is where the national team train for their upcoming fixtures.

He has taken to his Instagram to post a picture of himself with his father in hospital with the following caption that translates to: "Thank you very much to the AFA and Chiqui Tapia for helping me in everything in these difficult days."

Balls.

That's a huge blow for us for Sunday.

Hope his father is okay.

Sheesh, if it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's some stuff suggesting that he's travelled to Argentina as his father isn't well.

It's on twitter though.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in it?

His insta story is being reported on that he is in Argentina for a family (dad it seems) health emergency. 

Him, his brother (?) and dad are pictured looking reasonably well. I’m glad we’re a club that prioritise family. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

His insta story is being reported on that he is in Argentina for a family (dad it seems) health emergency. 

Him, his brother (?) and dad are pictured looking reasonably well. I’m glad we’re a club that prioritise family. 

The other photo looks like outside a hospital and him thanking the president of the argie FA 

Wonder if some strings have been pulled somewhere 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The other photo looks like outside a hospital and him thanking the president of the argie FA 

Wonder if some strings have been pulled somewhere 

Yes, maybe they’ve pulled his dad inside their bubble so he can see them if his dad is ill without the whole self isolation thing. Pure speculation, not a clue what’s actually happened but i also picked up on the link/gratitude for Arg FA. 

I was going to make a point about it being his business until I remembered that the only reason any of us know anything is because he posted it to his 1 million social media followers! 

• Like 2

On 22/10/2021 at 23:57, HanoiVillan said:

In fairness I dont think he was having a go at the fans but more the state of the club. A lot of Arsenal fans agree with him

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-emi-martinez-doubt-22002627

Balls.

That's a huge blow for us for Sunday.

Hope his father is okay.

Sheesh, if it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

It really feels like we can't catch a break so far this season. 

I hope his dad is OK and I believe he's done the right thing going over to see him. 

We really needed him from set-pieces, presumably losing a CB from the XI.

Ah well, for the best he's gone home. Hopefully all is well.

Nothing from the club, presume there's a chance he could play? If he was flying today or even tomorrow it would still be a better turn around than Wolves.

I’m staying optimistic that as he hasn’t thanked Aston Villa in the post that it means he will be back for Sunday barring any deterioration of his father.

That said I wish his father all the best, some things are more important than football!

Just now, Tomaszk said:

We really needed him from set-pieces, presumably losing a CB from the XI.

Ah well, for the best he's gone home. Hopefully all is well.

Nothing from the club, presume there's a chance he could play? If he was flying today or even tomorrow it would still be a better turn around than Wolves.

🤞🏻

Â