Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Does the removal of countries from the Red List from Monday mean that he will not miss any matches now?  I think he's got to be double jabbed to avoid isolation though.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does the removal of countries from the Red List from Monday mean that he will not miss any matches now?  I think he's got to be double jabbed to avoid isolation though.

My understanding is he’ll miss Wolves game unless they let him miss the Friday game. Same with Luiz. He’ll be back for Arsenal.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

2.5 years left on his contract, we badly need to tie him down asap.

What makes you so sure we haven't already tried? 

If the Grealish sale taught us one thing it's that we need to be playing in Europe to keep our best players. 

Otherwise we're just a development arena and a feeder club for the bigger clubs. 

Martinez is a driven guy. He isn't gonna stick around forever if we don't meet his ambitions. 

Edited by villalad21

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What makes you so sure we haven't already tried? 

If the Grealish sale taught us one thing it's that we need to be playing in Europe to keep our best players. 

Otherwise we're just a development arena and a feeder club for the bigger clubs. 

Martinez is a driven guy. He isn't gonna stick around forever if we don't meet his ambitions. 

What the Grealish sale taught me was if we’re going to lose a top player we are getting a lot of money for him. Hence the 100m clause. 

Players leave clubs, it happens. Stop making out we’re some sort of feeder club at any opportunity.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hence the 100m clause. 

And that's why him signing a new contract is important and dependent on our progress.

He might not sign it and run down his contract if we don't meet his ambitions.

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What the Grealish sale taught me was if we’re going to lose a top player we are getting a lot of money for him. Hence the 100m clause. 

Players leave clubs, it happens. Stop making out we’re some sort of feeder club at any opportunity.

Over the past 10-12 years….

We have lost 4 of our team captains to Wigan-with-a-credit-card who represent a petri-dish of a city in the UK…

Two of them have openly said about how Villa are “their club”‘ or something similar… and then bolted at the first opportunity…

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Over the past 10-12 years….

We have lost 4 of our team captains to Wigan-with-a-credit-card who represent a petri-dish of a city in the UK…

Two of them have openly said about how Villa are “their club”‘ or something similar… and then bolted at the first opportunity…

Fair point but it ain’t just us is it? They have taken players off many clubs. If we’re a City feeder club then so is most of the league. 

• Like 4

Tthe way i see it is that we're the club that gave him the big break, helped get him into the Argentina squad, which has seen him become Argentina's second favourite player (behinde Messi obviously).  He stayed at Arsenal playing a bit part role for years and got nowhere. 

He's a very loyal player and I don't see him trying to shaft us. I do see him trying to get the best contact for himself and his young family,  so possibly stalling to get more money out of us, but if there's a clause in that next contract it will be representative of how good he is, what salary he's on, and effectively be the thank you to us if we're ever forced to sell. 

Martinez seems like a genuinely nice bloke,  but without actually knowing him I'm guessing there. 

Â