Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Not only is he a really good keeper, he's nasty and a born leader. He's a winner too.

What on earth were Arsenal (Edu?) thinking.

I’d argue that moving here has also given him a huge confidence lift. The way the fans have taken to him, the way Deano has taken to him, he must feel on top of the world.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

He knew Bruno would take it, but he tried to make him feel small by telling Ronaldo to take it. It worked. Guys an absolute machine, beyond his theatrics/mind games, the way he comes out for the ball, the way he commands his box. I never shit myself at set pieces any more, never worry about daft goalkeeper antics, he’s an absolute monster between the sticks and he loves it here too. I genuinely have never loved a squad like this, starting from the #1 down to our back up defenders.

Best keeper in the world.

Bang on. 

They had a couple of potential chances from some good through balls, but on both I just thought “Emi will be out for that”. And he was. 

• Like 1

^ good question above. Is he our all time best already?

I’ve been watching the Villa since Nigel Spink days and always thought Bosnich was an immense goalkeeper and best I’d seen……….but this fella 

Edited by ferguson1

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolute beast. Genuinely world class. 

I agree, and I think there is sometimes more to “world class” than simple performance. 

Lots of keepers make great saves, lots of guys save penalties and such like. 

I think world class is about the whole package. What do these guys do off the pitch? How does their personality infiltrate the team? How do these people lead? How are they in high pressure situations? 

Emi ticks every single box, and it’s why I wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the world. 

Better than Bosnich for me, any day. Just the fact that he practically won the Copa America for Argentina as well shows that he is probably the best keeper in the world right now. Very, very lucky to have him and for such a small comparative fee. 

• Like 1

Â