Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Can't help but think we might have got something yesterday with both of them available. 

I’m not sure about Buendia and the effect he would’ve had from the start yesterday, would’ve been a good option off the bench perhaps? Perhaps we wouldn’t have matched Chelsea up formation-wise if Buendia had been available, although I think yesterday the formation was right, we were just undone by a couple of individual errors.

Obviously Martinez would’ve been an improvement over Steer, I think Martinez saves the 3rd goal as while it was a good strike it wasn’t right in the top corner. He might’ve even stopped the 2nd as he’s usually very quick off his line, but I guess we’ll never know.

On 11/09/2021 at 19:45, hippo said:

Without him and Jack were only marginally better than 2 seasons ago.

So 2 seasons ago we’d actually give Chelsea a game?

edit: I remember quite clearly with Jack in the team they won both games comfortably. Unless you’re one of those that doesn’t watch games and only looks at scorelines? We have quite a few.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So 2 seasons ago we’d actually give Chelsea a game?

edit: I remember quite clearly with Jack in the team they won both games comfortably. Unless you’re one of those that doesn’t watch games and only looks at scorelines? We have quite a few.

Think everyone is getting away with 30 minutes at Chelsea. Sure for a time we looked we could snatch an equaliser.

But equally with our defending you sensed Chelsea had a few more goals in them. 

We couldn't score and couldn't defend. That's all that matters.

I'm guessing you're expecting us to steam roller Everton on Sat.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think everyone is getting away with 30 minutes at Chelsea. Sure for a time we looked we could snatch an equaliser.

Chelsea had one shot on target outside of the goals

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea had one shot on target outside of the goals

I always love the lines ‘They had more goals in them’ or ‘could have scored at will’ Well why didn’t they?

like any team/striker thinks ‘1 will be enough today’ 🤣

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Sure for a time we looked we could snatch an equaliser.

You mean totally dominated 60 mins of the match which both managers corroborated at full time?

We were just extremely unfortunate and lacked cutting edge. On another day we win 3-1. 

They have a £98m striker who gobbled up 2 of their 3 proper chances, the other was a defensive cock up. 

Reducing Chelsea at home to 4 chances is hardly "can't defend" levels is it?

2 hours ago, av1 said:

I always love the lines ‘They had more goals in them’ or ‘could have scored at will’ Well why didn’t they?

like any team/striker thinks ‘1 will be enough today’ 🤣

They have 3pts and 3 goals - nothing else matters.

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You mean totally dominated 60 mins of the match which both managers corroborated at full time?

We were just extremely unfortunate and lacked cutting edge. On another day we win 3-1. 

They have a £98m striker who gobbled up 2 of their 3 proper chances, the other was a defensive cock up. 

Reducing Chelsea at home to 4 chances is hardly "can't defend" levels is it?

Lacked the cutting edge and the inability to stop goals at the other end. Sure we got plenty of plaudits - but I'd rather have the points.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Yep, and I kind of feel you’ll be disappointed if we do. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, and I kind of feel you’ll be disappointed if we do. 

Hell of an assumption. We lost 3-0 at Chelsea. Prior to that have had moderate results. I don't think we are on the cusp of anything great right now. From that your taking it I want us to lose to Everton.?

Last home match we drew with Brentford.

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hell of an assumption. We lost 3-0 at Chelsea. Prior to that have had moderate results. I don't think we are on the cusp of anything great right now. From that your taking it I want us to lose to Everton.?

Last home match we drew with Brentford.

Don’t exactly sound positive. I think we’ll smash Everton and I’ll get behind the players with that mind set. I hope you do the same. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t exactly sound positive. I think we’ll smash Everton and I’ll get behind the players with that mind set. I hope you do the same. 

I don't think we will smash Everton. 2-0 at best tbh.

Of course I will be behind the team.

Â