Emiliano Martínez

hippo

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah after Jack, this is where I’m at. Less emotion for players individually and just focus on best for the team.

ditto....I would hazard a guess, that this will prove to be a common stance.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 07:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, after Jack, i'm not overly invested in anyone else at the club, to have any deep reaction/emotion if/when they decide to leave anymore.

As long as we do GREAT business and continue to improve. The Board and Management have always had this in mind, hence the smart investments.

Currently, it's probably Mings I have the greatest emotional attachment to at the club.

Psshhh. I am. I will probably cry a wee bit the day Mings leaves.

• Like 4

I don't know enough to give a hard and fast opinion on this controvesy, but in a general sense, I do get the impression, modern day footballers want to extract as much money out of a club during signing on, and then proceed to abandon them at the first opportunity to self serve their personal ambition, when getting called up for their country....I know how important that is, but so is the bread & butter of a privileged lifestyle, that clubs provide.

Thats like having having a son, who pays nothing in to the house for their keep, but is always next door doing odd jobs and the garden for free....not thats fair, is it?

Where has the pride gone from playing for Aston Villa?.....I hope if Jed steer has a good game at Stamford Bridge, he keeps the shirt, we have to reward loyalty/Performance and be seen doing it.....I know how important Emi M is to us, but we did rescue him from a personal situation at Arsenal and showed him a club that wanted him, does that not count for anything?....a bit of reciprocal would go down nicely.

I know the club have been put in a compromising position, and didn't really want them to go, but agreed, which is very noble of them.

I hope we don't end up with a bad taste in the mouth of club or player, but I think a bit of redemption is required.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

while I accept its a team game, I am also aware that certain players over the years have raised the ante...for me, Cropley was one, Merson was one and now Emi Martinez is one.

but I also think Mings is one....I saw a noticeable difference when he came in to the side, for the better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know enough to give a hard and fast opinion on this controvesy, but in a general sense, I do get the impression, modern day footballers want to extract as much money out of a club during signing on, and then proceed to abandon them at the first opportunity to self serve their personal ambition, when getting called up for their country....I know how important that is, but so is the bread & butter of a privileged lifestyle, that clubs provide.

Thats like having having a son, who pays nothing in to the house for their keep, but always next door doing odd jobs and the garden for free....not that fair is it?

Where has the pride gone from playing for Aston Villa.....I hope if Jed steer has a good game at Stamford Bridge, he keeps the shirt, we have to reward loyalty and be seen doing it.....I know how important Emi M is to us, but we did rescue him from a personal situation at Arsenal and showed him a club that wanted him, does that not count for anything?....a bit of reciprocal would go down nicely.

I know the club have been put in a compromising position, and didn't really want them to go, but agreed, which is very noble of them.

I hope we don't end up with bad taste in the mouth of club or player, but I think a bit of redemption is required.

Eh he wouldn't be allowed to play if he didn't go. Brazil have asked for the players to be banned and Argentina would have done the same

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I'm trying to keep the tough exterior after being burned... but the thought of Mings and/or McGinn leaving? " I'm not crying, you are ".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Steer to keep the jersey if he plays well against Chelsea?

Please. That would be insane.

I like Steer but we have a top 4 keeper in Martinez. 

Sorry nose. Face has been quite the pill lately 

19 minutes ago, YLN said:

Steer to keep the jersey if he plays well against Chelsea?

Please. That would be insane.

I like Steer but we have a top 4 keeper in Martinez. 

Sorry nose. Face has been quite the pill lately 

Nope....its a bigger picture than just one place.

The spirit of the team has to be maintained and fair play has to reign supreme....If he plays well and keeps a clean sheet, he stays in for  me.....despite me knowing Emi is far superior.....loyalty and team spirit features high on my list...its where "teams" emanate from.

We have to be seen not to give shirts out willy nilly and loyalty has to mean something.....leaving a club in mid season and missing crucial games, to play in an International, when the qualification of the rules is compromised, must have consequences.

I guess it won't happen and Emi will be straight back in, due to his superior ability......but team spirit is developed, it don't just arrive.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The spirit of the team has to be maintained and fair play has to reign supreme....If he plays well and keeps a clean sheet, he stays in for  me.....despite me knowing Emi is far superior.....loyalty and team spirit features high on my list...its where "teams" emanate from.

We have to be seen not to give shirts out willy nilly and loyalty has to mean something.....leaving a club in mid season and missing crucial games, to play in an International, when the qualification of the rules is compromised, must have consequences.

I guess it won't happen and Emi will be straight back in, due to his superior ability......but team spirit is developed, it don't just arrive.

You keep ignoring the point Emi still can't play if he didnt go

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because of the FIFA ruling? You really think that will stand?

It probably won't stand because the clubs that are affected most will be the SL6 teams.

However, You could argue that if they don't uphold the ban, they are effectively punishing us for following the rules. :unsure:

Edited by NeilS
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I do get the point about team spirit,  but i would be more of the opinion that you upset more of an apple cart by punishing Emi than by dropping Steer for Emi after the latter is available again. 

Steer won't be expecting to keep his place once Emi is available. Having Emi on the bench for reasons of spite would create more division.

After all the shit about players disrespecting the club and us being to soft Villa are the only ones that actually stuck to the rules and arranged a compromise. 

I hope other players get banned.  Wonder what our so called fans having a dig at the club will say then. 

Having said that how can Brazil make a complaint when players from England would have to isolate there anyway. I wonder if that rule would have been in force had all England based Brazilians turned up to face Argentina. 

it all stinks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

After all the shit about players disrespecting the club and us being to soft Villa are the only ones that actually stuck to the rules and arranged a compromise. 

I hope other players get banned.  Wonder what our so called fans having a dig at the club will say then. 

Having said that how can Brazil make a complaint when players from England would have to isolate there anyway. I wonder if that rule would have been in force had all England based Brazilians turned up to face Argentina. 

it all stinks.

The last I read was that Brazilian FA thought they had, and told the AFA that they had, exemption from the gov but their health agency enforced the rules for our players anyway. So I guess Brazil are still complaining because they called them up on that assumption and the clubs still broke the rules.

I agree though, had they gone I’m not sure we’d have seen the same scenes.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats like having having a son, who pays nothing in to the house for their keep, but is always next door doing odd jobs and the garden for free....not that fair, is it?

Where has the pride gone from playing for Aston Villa.....I hope if Jed steer has a good game at Stamford Bridge, he keeps the shirt, we have to reward loyalty and be seen doing it.....I know how important Emi M is to us, but we did rescue him from a personal situation at Arsenal and showed him a club that wanted him, does that not count for anything?....a bit of reciprocal would go down nicely.

I hope we don't end up with bad taste in the mouth of club or player, but I think a bit of redemption is required.

It’s gone mate, my last hope was snake boy Grealish…

Its such a different place and maybe as Grealish said about the Preece article that he (Preece) doesn’t understand the “Real Football World”, that we also really don’t understand that world just as they don’t understand the “Real World” because they have been detached from it for so long if ever.  They get everything on a plate…money, fame, girls, parties, private planes, merchandise and people in their ear constantly wanting to extract more and more.  They have lost a connection to any reality we know and live in.

I understand the profession vs fan in these players as well and I understand their careers are short but they live in a different world to us now.  Their loyalty is to themselves and they will make moves based on that, which is understandable but obviously goes against what football was supposed to be.  The days we loved of yesteryear of players and fans togetherness are gone, it is only a business now (has been for a while but we hoped not)! It was only going to be that way when so much money got involved in the 90’s with the start of the PL.

I mean just think about.  Jack has been at Manchester City 5 weeks now, played 3 PL games and 2 England games but earnt in that time probably more than my father did his whole career.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

On 08/09/2021 at 12:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, after Jack, i'm not overly invested in anyone else at the club, to have any deep reaction/emotion if/when they decide to leave anymore.

As long as we do GREAT business and continue to improve. The Board and Management have always had this in mind, hence the smart investments.

Currently, it's probably Mings I have the greatest emotional attachment to at the club.

That is my view and always has been. There is no player I would be upset about selling if it is the right thing for Villa. In 10 years time we will have most likely have none of the current players still with us. That is just how football works. For us to be successful we need to rid ourselves of sentimentally and think of what is the right thing to do. My opinion is the right thing to do is to sell players at a premium and reinvest in better quality. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:
On 08/09/2021 at 12:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The player at Villa I would least want to read that we have accepted an offer for is Konsa and in second place Martinez. Hopefully, in 12 months time I will be adding Emi B, Bailey and Ollie as joint top two. And if I am greedy, a few youth and a couple of others

• Like 1

Â