Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, after Jack, i'm not overly invested in anyone else at the club, to have any deep reaction/emotion if/when they decide to leave anymore.

As long as we do GREAT business and continue to improve. The Board and Management have always had this in mind, hence the smart investments.

Yeah after Jack, this is where I’m at. Less emotion for players individually and just focus on best for the team.

• Like 3

Seems the club keeps making us look like idiots to fair.

Fair play to them, appears they tend to know what they are doing more than we do, who would have think it?

So, whilst they may have privately asked them not to go, they were possibly also aware of the rules and possible penalties etc.

The club's which held their players back can't use them anyway 🤦🏿

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The Brazilian FA have triggered a rule so all those called up from the Prem but didnt go will now be banned for this weekend anyway. Whether or not Argentina would have done the same I dont know, but good chance we wouldnt have been able to play the Emi’s if they never went. Crazy

It defies any sort of logic because surely the Brazilian players would have been in quarantine for 14 days, surely? Pointless. 

Don't know where else to post this as there isn't a post but this seems to be the place.

Brazil are drunk right?

Complaining about calling up players and them not coming, and yet getting their police to arrest other teams players that have done the exact thing they wanted their players to do.

You can't have it both ways, and it just makes a mockery or any argument they may have had(nevermind how weak that argument is)

Unless I'm totally missing the point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Don't know where else to post this as there isn't a post but this seems to be the place.

Brazil are drunk right?

Complaining about calling up players and them not coming, and yet getting their police to arrest other teams players that have done the exact thing they wanted their players to do.

You can't have it both ways, and it just makes a mockery or any argument they may have had(nevermind how weak that argument is)

I think you're missing the fact there is more than one body at work when refrering to 'Brazil'.  It's their FA who wanted the players brought over and who now want the relevant Brazilian players banned from playing for their clubs.  It's the Brazilian health service who got police to arrest COVID breachers. I don't think it even matters to the outcome that the Brazilian players would have needed to quarantine. The fact is they didn't get that chance, and rather perversely, that gives the Brazilian FA the grounds to ban them. Bizarre and tinpot.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not saying yourself but the panic patrol were looking to jump on the negativity bandwagon for any reason.

Completely agree.  Given how well the club seem to do on most topics, I still don’t understand why some fans jump to the negative straight away on anything new or the club “are soft” comments…given the history so far of these owners and management on the whole get most things right.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Brazil are drunk right?

Honestly it kinda makes sense.  Argentina shows up with their full strength squad. A squad that just recently defeated Brazil during the COPA this summer. 

Brazil calls all their PL players and none of them showed up. So they had a severely weakened squad going into a pivotal qualifier with a heated rival.  How much you want to bet they purposely tanked that game.  

It's definitely a borderline conspiracy but wouldn't put it past the hilarity that is always occuring in North & South America football federations. 

Edited by Rightdm00

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not saying yourself but the panic patrol were looking to jump on the negativity bandwagon for any reason. The 5 day ban includes Tuesday Champions League games as well

Yep, someone even posted that he should be relegated to a fictitious ‘bomb squad’ and shown the door ASAP, talk about over reacting (as per).

• Like 1

Apparently Richard Masters of PL is sorting it with fifa that those other players from PL clubs will be allowed to play at the weekend after all and everyone’s pissed off with us and Spurs for breaking ranks.

Im quite happy for us to look after ourselves, I haven’t forgotten the Super League and I also remember in lockdown when it was being mooted that we would be relegated on ppg. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm so confused by all this. As it stands, do we have a chance of the two Emi's starting on Saturday?

No unfortunately because they went and now have to quarantine (in Croatia).  Those who didn’t go for other clubs, no at the moment but some powers trying to change that.  So if it does change we (Villa) get screwed for doing the rule abiding thing whereas those who went against the rules may get away with it.  At the moment none play for any club.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 2

Â