Emiliano Martínez

hippo

14 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Their country is more important to them then our club. And rightly so.  

Playing against Brazil is more important than Chelsea or Everton. 

Who pays their wages ? Perhaps they need to return a couple of weeks worth back to the club. Outfield EMI didn’t even make the Effin bench apparently. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is bullshit IMO. As if they’d lie on declaration forms and risk getting arrested.  It’s dirty politics and corruption. Simple as. 

Irrespective of wether the players lied or not they were fully aware of the isolation rules. 2 days ago the Argentinians were told that all the UK based players would need to isolate for 14 days in Brazil. Brazil left 9 players out of their squad for this very rule. According to reports Argentina locked the dressing room door prior to kick off so the health authorities couldn’t get in. 

Just now, smg said:

Who pays their wages ? Perhaps they need to return a couple of weeks worth back to the club. Outfield EMI didn’t even make the Effin bench apparently. 

If you tell South american they can't play for their country 9/10 will immediately hand in a transfer request. 

Agree though 2 weeks of wages could go to charity etc. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Irrespective of wether the players lied or not they were fully aware of the isolation rules. 2 days ago the Argentinians were told that all the UK based players would need to isolate for 14 days in Brazil. Brazil left 9 players out of their squad for this very rule. According to reports Argentina locked the dressing room door prior to kick off so the health authorities couldn’t get in. 

If this is true then they need to throw the book at Argentina.  

I just can’t believe they could try and play the game if they hadn’t been given permission to do so. What sort of Mickey Mouse bullshit is this from the Argentinians?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

If you tell South american they can't play for their country 9/10 will immediately hand in a transfer request. 

Agree though 2 weeks of wages could go to charity etc. 

When Ferguson signed Heinze he immediately went to the Olympics which pissed off Ferguson but he had to accept it. 

• Like 1

AFA should have checked their eligibility to enter and play Brazil and made a smart call on whether they should try to do so or not.

Taking Buendia with no intention to even include him in the squad was next level ridiculous.

The blame is all on the AFA and the management. The players could have questioned it but it’s not really their responsibility to do so when under pressure to stay in the team.

• Like 1

People also need to stop comparing this to non-covid times. Of course they want to play for their country, but that’s what international breaks are for. When it means they might miss half a season for the club that pays their wages it’s different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d say it’s a fair assumption considering it’s only Argentinians that went. They can’t be any more patriotic than every other South American. 

Then that's unfortunate. But it's not villa's fault that their FA are unreasonable during an ongoing pandemic. 

It feels like the pandemic side is getting ignored by those that keeping telling me how patriotic they are. In normal times I'd be proud to see them playing for their country. But it isn't normal times is it? So I'm afraid for me that's utter rubbish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

AFA should have checked their eligibility to enter and play Brazil and made a smart call on whether they should try to do so or not.

Taking Buendia with no intention to even include him in the squad was next level ridiculous.

The blame is all on the AFA and the management. The players could have questioned it but it’s not really their responsibility to do so when under pressure to stay in the team.

It’s naive to think that AFA didn’t know the rules. 
they tried to chance it and got caught.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

People also need to stop comparing this to non-covid times. Of course they want to play for their country, but that’s what international breaks are for. When it means they might miss half a season for the club that pays their wages it’s different.

Thank God for some sense. I feel like I've missed something.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When Ferguson signed Heinze he immediately went to the Olympics which pissed off Ferguson but he had to accept it. 

Not relevant really. There was no ongoing global pandemic, where all clubs and the league asked players not to go. 

There's no scenario to compare this to. 

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It’s naive to think that AFA didn’t know the rules. 
they tried to chance it and got caught.

Nah I still reckon more to it that. The right palms wern’t greased so they made an example of Argentina. 

Some dirty stinking politics in play here. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â