Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They clearly did, otherwise they wouldn't have lied about the players not being in the UK recently.

As the PL games are broadcast to about one-billion people did they really think they'd get away with that? :D

Just now, pas5898 said:

Absolute Rubbish. 

The majority of South Americans are extremely patriotic, a lot more than the majority here. Representing your country is the highest honour you can have. 

Emi Martinez sighted when signing for us, he wants to be Argentinas number 1. He is, he wants to stay there. 

The problem lies with Fifa who knew this could happen, but pretty much washed their hands of the whole thing. 

The players can't turn their country down. Fifa and the head coach know this. 

Brazil is in South America last time I checked. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should never have gone. 

Said it at the time, him and Buendia have gone right down in my estimations.

Club shouldn't have allowed it either. We are starting to look like niave old villa again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Is this actually true? I can't fathom it being true that they thought Brazilian officials would just turn their head at 4 high profile PL players who were just in England.

It's certainly the rumour. I have no inside information, I can't say either way, I hope it isn't true, but if it is, we should throw the **** book at them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Absolute Rubbish. 

The majority of South Americans are extremely patriotic, a lot more than the majority here. Representing your country is the highest honour you can have. 

Emi Martinez sighted when signing for us, he wants to be Argentinas number 1. He is, he wants to stay there. 

The problem lies with Fifa who knew this could happen, but pretty much washed their hands of the whole thing. 

The players can't turn their country down. Fifa and the head coach know this. 

Did every South American playing in the prem do the same?

I don't care how patriotic they are. Its a global pandemic. Make a **** sacrifice like everyone else. 

• Like 1

Veronica Brunati:'

In accordance with AFA’s negotiations with Spurs and AVFC, the PL-based Argentian players - including AVFC’s Emiliano Martínez and Emiliano Buendía - will return to England after tonight’s game vs. Brazil.'

Just seen this.

Shite blessing in disguise for Villa 🤔👀🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not denying it's a shit show 

What I'm saying is that the argie FA are a well known shit show...who have a history for picking the team

You could be asking emi to pick playing vs Chelsea over starting at the WC, of course he picked the WC 

So the club that pay his wages have to bend over because the FA that don't are a shit show? 

Not for me. He's shown where his priority is, so why should he be a priority for the fans support. 

They both owe us big time when they return. 

• Like 2

Â