Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 02/09/2021 at 01:47, KAZZAM said:

Read they plan on coming back through Croatia to avoid isolation?(speculation) is that even possible? 

They will do their 10 days after Argentina in Croatia where they don’t need to isolate and so they can train instead of being stuck in a hotel. Then they will return to the UK where they don’t need to isolate coming from Croatia and after 10 days of leaving Argentina.

Is it only the Argentineans who have travelled? As I've realised most other South Americans/Caribbeans have actually stayed with their clubs 🤦🏿.

Jamaica lost to Mexico yesterday, and a large chunk of the UK based players were missing due to the ruling etc .

Noted that the commentator mentioned how most of the Concacaf teams were missing Euro based players etc .

So are the Argentines just being hard headed? 🤔

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it only the Argentineans who have travelled? As I've realised most other South Americans/Caribbeans have actually stayed with their clubs 🤦🏿.

Jamaica lost to Mexico yesterday, and a large chunk of the UK based players were missing due to the ruling etc .

Noted that the commentator mentioned how most of the Concacaf teams were missing Euro based players etc .

It sounds like their manager told the players "You show up for all 3 games or I won't pick you again".  TBH, I don't blame the Emis for going.  Buendia is just starting to break through into their squad and Martinez finally won the starting keeper spot and won't want to give that up.  They've worked for years to get to this point and they're just stuck in a bad situation.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I believe Davinson Sanchez is over there for Colombia. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Daily Mail is claiming…….that’s the point at which most people stop reading.

Fair point. You’d like to think common sense prevailed and they are now just given permission to head back to England from Argentina.  

But we all know common sense doesn’t seem to exist in this whole situation.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. You’d like to think common sense prevailed and they are now just given permission to head back to England from Argentina.  

But we all know common sense doesn’t seem to exist in this whole situation.

They already landed in Brazil yesterday, the game is today

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Daily Mail is claiming he faces 2 weeks quarantine in Brazil for breaking the rules and having incorrect paperwork.  Buendia and the 2 Spurs lads too

I've just read a Birmingham Mail article stating that there may have been a possibility of this but they have since been given the go ahead so they don't need to isolate. 

• Thanks 1

Â