Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,how is Martinez ? I watched the Columbia Vs Argentina game today and play was held up for5/6 minutes while Martinez got treatment,then he was carried off on a stretcher with those block things, one on each side of his head. 

Shit hope he’s ok. 

edit: what are you talking about? I even googled it lol

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's not really how I see it - I mean "send" - we don't send them, they are free men and perfectly at liberty to go.

The FIFA rules of the thing say the club has to release them if they are called up and they have to go if called up or (in either event) they can be banned from playing for the club for a period of time.

The issue at the core of it is the Gov't red list and the requirement for 10 days isolation. That's what's causing the problems.

What I meant by 'we didn't have to send them' is 'we didn't have to let them go' because of the red list conditions in South America. I know the isolation is causing the problem upon return.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think you're watching a Copa America replay as that happened in one of the games and they've not played anyone in this break so far. 

Yeah I remember when it happened and we were all shitting ourselves about it (well, I was anyway) and then it turned out he was fine and back for the next game.

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

'we didn't have to let them go' because of the red list conditions in South America

But we did. There is no legal or other football stricture allowing the club to legitimately stop them from going. Just because the PL clubs initially said "we're not releasing them" - that was just bluster, basically.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Apoligies to all.I just looked it up on the internet and the game I watched was apparently played in June,score 2-2.

That was the score today so I certainly hope that was the game I watched.

I’ll be honest, you made me check with your first post. 

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Apoligies to all.I just looked it up on the internet and the game I watched was apparently played in June,score 2-2.

This reminds me of an Arsenal fan in the pub once that celebrated the replay of a goal. He thought they’d scored a second. 😂  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This reminds me of an Arsenal fan in the pub once that celebrated the replay of a goal. He thought they’d scored a second. 😂  

Arsenal providing comedy? It's difficult to believe. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

what-how.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

What I meant by 'we didn't have to send them' is 'we didn't have to let them go' because of the red list conditions in South America. I know the isolation is causing the problem upon return.

All about player power.

11 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think you're watching a Copa America replay as that happened in one of the games and they've not played anyone in this break so far. 

Thought I was suffering a bit of deja vu reading that 

Buendia not even in the squad, surely it would have been better for all parties for him to remain at BMH and build up his fitness. Absolute joke we will most likely lose him for 3 games to not even get on the bench.

Interesting nothing from the club yet to Scaloni's rambling.

Presume they in crisis management mode trying to get hold of anyone from the Argie FA. FIFA need to get across this because it's a bad situation with a world cup coming up.

Martinez's place in the team is safe as far as I'm concerned. He will be playing for them in the world cup whether he comes back or not. 

9 hours ago, WHY said:

Buendia not even in the squad, surely it would have been better for all parties for him to remain at BMH and build up his fitness. Absolute joke we will most likely lose him for 3 games to not even get on the bench.

Romero didn't make the bench either, can imagine us and Spurs are probably talking about this 

Â