Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Martinez isn’t at risk of being dropped unless we magic up a new keeper, but Buendia could definitely lose his place if they don’t keep to their agreement.

Would either of them do it if they played for Chelsea or Citeh? I’m not sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smg said:

If EMI hadn’t chosen to go we wouldn’t need a back up keeper. Yes every Villa fan loves him (we know that from this site)  but he chose to go despite the fact the cjub pay his wages, club versus country a very personal choice, however if he proves to have deceived the club by staying for the third game he is not the club man we thought he was. Still a great goal keeper but not Mr perfect perhaps.

why would he not go? he is from Argentina and gets to play with that Messi guy and could be the Argentina World Cup goalkeeper

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Martinez isn’t at risk of being dropped unless we magic up a new keeper, but Buendia could definitely lose his place if they don’t keep to their agreement.

Would either of them do it if they played for Chelsea or Citeh? I’m not sure.

mm Buendia is our record signing, we arent going to drop him or put him in the reserves this early. Its not the Paul Lambert Villa days

• Like 3

No way is Bueno going to be dropped, no way.

By the way I am pretty sure we should of celebrated Buendia's goal with some type of Kinder Buendio celebration lol. It's a whole damn money maker that is with Buendia and Bueno.

Not sure what the problem is really. yes its annoying but Martinez is trying to establish himself as the number 1 for one of the world's best international teams, Buendia trying to break into it. Good luck to them and don't get injured.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, peterw said:

Not sure what the problem is really. yes its annoying but Martinez is trying to establish himself as the number 1 for one of the world's best international teams, Buendia trying to break into it. Good luck to them and don't get injured.

The problem is we’re not just a vehicle for players to realise their international aspirations, we’re a football club and a multi million pound business with our own commitments and they are our employees. 

I don’t blame the players, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I want them to do well but I think we’re now being shown a complete lack of respect by the Argentinian FA given that the compromise was totally reasonable.

Hopefully it’s just words and they let them go after match two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

mm Buendia is our record signing, we arent going to drop him or put him in the reserves this early. Its not the Paul Lambert Villa days

Dunno. If Sanson and Bailey are match fit   and it all clicks with Watkins, Ings, SJM and Luiz then I don’t think Buendia walks back in. If Steer surprises everyone (and we need to hope he does) it’s even possible he’s not automatically benched. 

I don’t think Deano will react kindly if they stay away beyond the period agreed by the club. 

8 hours ago, WHY said:

How many times are we going to get played, first by 2 agents and now the Argie's. We have shown some unbelievable naivety over the last few months. Something doesn’t seem quite right behind the scenes atm…

I've read some hyperbolic nonsense on this forum before. However, this post is up there as one of the most ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The problem is we’re not just a vehicle for players to realise their international aspirations, we’re a football club and a multi million pound business with our own commitments and they are our employees. 

I don’t blame the players, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I want them to do well but I think we’re now being shown a complete lack of respect by the Argentinian FA given that the compromise was totally reasonable.

Hopefully it’s just words and they let them go after match two.

And as a business do you create a situation where two of your biggest and best assets could decide to walk away because of this issue? It may be nice for them to stay for a purely selfish reason but not if players want to improve themselves with regards to their careers.

6 minutes ago, peterw said:

And as a business do you create a situation where two of your biggest and best assets could decide to walk away because of this issue? It may be nice for them to stay for a purely selfish reason but not if players want to improve themselves with regards to their careers.

I’ve made it clear I am not blaming the players but the situation and the lack of flexibility from the Argentinian FA. If Argentina doesn’t get moved from the red list, this is going to impact us heavily this season and therefore is a problem. One that we can’t do much about but a problem all the same.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve made it clear I am not blaming the players but the situation and the lack of flexibility from the Argentinian FA. If Argentina doesn’t get moved from the red list, this is going to impact us heavily this season and therefore is a problem. One that we can’t do much about but a problem all the same.

well let's just give them the Falklands then. favourable trade.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

No way is Bueno going to be dropped, no way.

By the way I am pretty sure we should of celebrated Buendia's goal with some type of Kinder Buendio celebration lol. It's a whole damn money maker that is with Buendia and Bueno.

What?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Read they plan on coming back through Croatia to avoid isolation?(speculation) is that even possible? 

it's not. you dont need to have come directly from a red list country to be required to isolate. just need to have visited one in the last 10 days

I’m all for representing ones country. It’s something I’ve done myself (not in football) and it was for me the great honour of my life. However, Villa as a club had the most simple out in this situation. Not releasing the players was backed by the league and the UK government had made it clear there would be no bending of the rules. So I’m still not sure why we decided to go against almost every other club and let the players leave. 
I understand the want from DS and the club for the players to play on the international stage, viewed simply it increases their value. But the decision as a whole seems poorly thought out. 

Â