Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Difficult position for the players now. If they insist on leaving earlier they might lose their place in the squad. 

Hopefully sense will prevail. Maybe Martinez can have a word with Messi and get him to put a good word in and get them early release. After all, it's Messi that runs the team! 

12 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Losing Emi and replacing him with Steer for nearly a quarter of the season is actually really bloody concerning. 

I think we should be looking at free agent GKs now

Romero and Caballero are both free agents and could be good short term pickups 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Losing Emi and replacing him with Steer for nearly a quarter of the season is actually really bloody concerning. 

why would it be a quarter of the season? Surely makes the Buendia transfer seem a bit stupid? 

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

why would it be a quarter of the season? Surely makes the Buendia transfer seem a bit stupid? 

Could be up to 10 games (i think) if he's selected in all the qualifiers throughout the season, assuming the quarantine regs don't change. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could be up to 10 games (i think) if he's selected in all the qualifiers throughout the season, assuming the quarantine regs don't change. 

Christ that is grim. I find it amazing we haven't got another keeper in if that's the case. Fingers crossed the regulations change. 

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Martinez is surely a national hero now, they can't be dropping him for doing what was agreed prior.

They'll either both be coming back, or neither will.

that can change in a heartbeat, especially if he leaves intl duty due to commitments to an english side. we're not well liked over there.

• Like 1

How many times are we going to get played, first by 2 agents and now the Argie's. We have shown some unbelievable naivety over the last few months. Something doesn’t seem quite right behind the scenes atm…

Edited by WHY

We need a back up keeper or a genuine challenger for Emi. Been saying it for months. You cannot allow a situation whereby players can potentially blackmail you based on their status. Regardless of the player, it sets a bad president for any business. Not saying this will happen with Emi but I think minimising the impact buy having an adequate replacement should this situation or any in the future become silly is a must. 

14 minutes ago, WHY said:

How many times are we going to get played, first by 2 agents and now the Argie's. We have shown some unbelievable naivety over the last few months. Something doesn’t seem quite right behind the scenes atm…

I don’t think we’ve been played at all.

The agents thing is massively overblown. What cost did we incur by bidding on ESR and JWP? Their agents have played their current clubs, not Villa.

My take on the two Emis is they’ve both agreed one thing with Villa, their FA are pushing back against this, and they’re both now trapped between a rock and a hard place. Purslow will work something out, I’m sure. Maybe a huge bung to the manager or to Priti Patel. Let’s see what happens.

• Like 4

If EMI hadn’t chosen to go we wouldn’t need a back up keeper. Yes every Villa fan loves him (we know that from this site)  but he chose to go despite the fact the cjub pay his wages, club versus country a very personal choice, however if he proves to have deceived the club by staying for the third game he is not the club man we thought he was. Still a great goal keeper but not Mr perfect perhaps.

Â