Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Think people are really underappreciating the severity of Heaton's injury combined with his age and history. We have too many keepers but none of the rest of them are good enough so it definitely makes sense to get one in. If Martinez is as good as his performances last season suggested then given his age that could *touches wood** be our goalkeeping situation finally sorted and for years to come at that.

* insert appropriate gif

• Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

Think people are really underappreciating the severity of Heaton's injury combined with his age and history. We have too many keepers but none of the rest of them are good enough so it definitely makes sense to get one in. If Martinez is as good as his performances last season suggested then given his age that could *touches wood** be our goalkeeping situation finally sorted and for years to come at that.

* insert appropriate gif

Dude! Didn't Heaton injure himself touching wood in the Burnley game? I mean the goal frame not the player. 

Just now, SeanVilla said:

Would be a massive coup. It's a lot of money but also a statement of intent. This could be our no.1 the next 5 years, hope we can get this done. Need someone for Sheffield for definite.  

Exactly. £20m might initially seem a lot but if he were to be our number one for the best part of the next decade then it's peanuts. Massive statement of intent, this would be.

• Like 1

He does seem like an excellent shot stopper.

Whats his ariel ability like with crosses etc?, and whats he like in terms of command of his box and communication with defenders?

What I liked about heaton aside from his shot stopping, was that he was an excellent communicator and had good command of the box.

• Like 1

Ones things for certain he isn't putting down any roots at Arsenal - probably wants to branch out a bit - where that 'Leaves' us who knows - Heaton could do some good work for Acorns !

Glad I got that off my chest nut - this is driving me conkers 

• Like 1

Â