Jump to content

Emiliano Martínez


hippo
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The opening 2 minutes to that, whilst I actually agree with it, is everything that's wrong with the PL

Realistically we probably aren't going to break into the top 4 within the next 10 years but it's nothing wrong with dreaming.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Realistically we probably aren't going to break into the top 4 within the next 10 years but it's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Its depressing how someone in the media can shoot it down so easy and at the same time make it sound so acceptable 

Goldsteins nonchalance to basically describing the PL as futile for 14 of the teams 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Yeah that kind of attitude and all out disrespect of any team that wants to believe they can challenge at the top, really winds me up. The line “Villa have got money, but so have Ipswich, are Ipswich going to win the Premier League?”. That kind of shit just shows a lack of understanding from these chumps.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its depressing how someone in the media can shoot it down so easy and at the same time make it sound so acceptable 

Goldsteins nonchalance to basically describing the PL as futile for 14 of the teams 

I would love if we managed to do it and shut them up.

Just can't see it though.

Man City got a world class squad and best manager in the world.

Liverpool the same and probably the second best manager in the world

Chelsea the same with another world class manager

Man Utd the weakest manager but still an insane squad.

The top 4 is just way too established and FFP rules seem to be in place to keep it like that. Even comparing with Man Utd's squad. We are absolute lightyears away from competing with a squad like that.

Edited by villalad21
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

These mugs are exactly the reason why the Sky 6 will destroy football. They nearly did it with the super League, they will do it again and this time it will stick.

I wish they had **** off! Funny thing is that Spurs thinking they are part of it and a genuine super league team. 

They last won the league when my Mom was 7. She now claims an old age pension. 

Deluded! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I agree with this caller

 

At around 5:30 they are talking about how other teans had big players missing. Not like us they didn't. No one else couldn't train for 2 weeks in the middle of the season. And whilst we all talk about missing Grealish. Elmo is the player that cost us top 6 last year. What was it in 3 of the games he played he was at fault for all the goals we conceded. Which cost us 8 points. We'd have literally been 1pt off of 6th place. I don't see how anyone can say we won't finish top 6. If they are then they don't have a clue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

I agree with the caller.

I think the two blokes on TalkSport are chunks of rancid word removed

I get that the talksport business model is to be as controversial as possible but in this case there does seem to be complete ignorance as to what's happening at the club.

Granted, top 4 and even winning the league are remote goals but to utterly dismiss the possibility is somewhat asinine.

We appear to be the only club in the prem who are genuinely building something. The entire infrastructure has been overhauled of the past couple of years. Youth teams, scouting, fitness, playing staff, coaching, etc.... everything is markedly improving. To what end?

The list of clubs that they mentioned we needed to overtake are all within sight. We easily have the resources to compete. I would only cite Leicester as the outlier since they appear to be fabulously well run too.

The response from the talksport guys is fine with me. We'll keep trundling along incrementally improving till we reach our targets.... Everyone will be astonished except us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is it so outlandish saying that Emi is the best keeper in the league? I get the point about top 4, but Martinez being the best keeper in the league is not deluded it is worthy of genuine discussion. clearings in the woods. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 years ago, if you asked those 2 condescending morons if 10th place in the Championship, Leicester City would win the Premier League and finish in the top 5 twice over the next 10 years, they would laugh at you, no chance, FACT (an opinion is not a fact you cockwomble). 

They would have laughed at West Ham fans saying they could break the top 6 this last season. They were only 2 points short of 4th. These 'big 6' arse lickers need to open their eyes. 

We might not but we're building nicely and giving it a good go. Hopefully we can do it and that guy phones up again in a year or two to laugh at them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its depressing how someone in the media can shoot it down so easy and at the same time make it sound so acceptable 

Goldsteins nonchalance to basically describing the PL as futile for 14 of the teams 

Leicester says Hi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
31 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I get that the talksport business model is to be as controversial as possible but in this case there does seem to be complete ignorance as to what's happening at the club.

Granted, top 4 and even winning the league are remote goals but to utterly dismiss the possibility is somewhat asinine.

We appear to be the only club in the prem who are genuinely building something. The entire infrastructure has been overhauled of the past couple of years. Youth teams, scouting, fitness, playing staff, coaching, etc.... everything is markedly improving. To what end?

The list of clubs that they mentioned we needed to overtake are all within sight. We easily have the resources to compete. I would only cite Leicester as the outlier since they appear to be fabulously well run too.

The response from the talksport guys is fine with me. We'll keep trundling along incrementally improving till we reach our targets.... Everyone will be astonished except us.

They need to watch Pete the Canadian on "Holy Trinity" Podcast on you tube....might bring them up to speed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 12:45, TRO said:

They need to watch Pete the Canadian on "Holy Trinity" Podcast on you tube....might bring them up to speed.

Honestly would rather they didn't and kept peddling their ignorant nonsense. Will make it all the sweeter when we break the top 6 and the idiots of the footballing world say how amazing it was.

If our players stay fit, we have every chance of smashing it this season. With Guilbert instead of Elmo for Cash's inevitable layoffs, and Buendia to cover for Jack's creativity when he has his 2 game that becomes 10 mystery injury,  we have already got a team that would  be 10 points better off than last season.

Add one more quality signing to cover for injured Sanson or Trez and we're laughing.

On topic,  Martinez's performance for Argentina have cemented him as the best in the league in my eyes. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the world to be honest. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Honestly would rather they didn't and kept peddling their ignorant nonsense. Will make it all the sweeter when we break the top 6 and the idiots of the footballing world say how amazing it was.

If our players stay fit, we have every chance of smashing it this season. With Guilbert instead of Elmo for Cash's inevitable layoffs, and Buendia to cover for Jack's creativity when he has his 2 game that becomes 10 mystery injury,  we have already got a team that would  be 10 points better off than last season.

Add one more quality signing to cover for injured Sanson or Trez and we're laughing.

On topic,  Martinez's performance for Argentina have cemented him as the best in the league in my eyes. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the world to be honest. 

We are the irritant that won't go away.....its obvious, the top teams are wary of us and our prominance is growing, much to their disdain.

However, in order to put the willies up them, we need to be stronger in the middle of the park....our midfield will not trouble them over 38 games....unless, I am in for a big shock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hopefully a new 5 year contract will be on the table when he gets back from leave.

only has 3 years left on his current contract doesnt he?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Think he deserves a payrise after an amazing first season. Can't wait to see him live, I think he will be a bit taken aback when he hears the Holte End in full voice, he seems like a very loyal type and he will love this club for the rest of his life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â