Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

How long will our tournament players get off now do you think before 2022/23 season starts?? Slightly concerned about burn out...

Winning is the best cure for tiredness. Win tonight and I’d have no real worries about burnout. Not to mention that Jack and Mings haven’t featured as much as they would have liked and the keeping position is less physically demanding. 

They will be fine 

Just now, av1 said:

Winning is the best cure for tiredness. Win tonight and I’d have no real worries about burnout. Not to mention that Jack and Mings haven’t featured as much as they would have liked and the keeping position is less physically demanding.

True, but it's the mental fatigue of constantly having to think about form, fitness, opportunity; basically 'work' almost non-stop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

True, but it's the mental fatigue of constantly having to think about form, fitness, opportunity; basically 'work' almost non-stop.

Fair point. Another thing to consider is that we only had 5 players away on international duty, many clubs (certainly towards the top of the PL) will have had many more which perhaps levels things out. 

2 hours ago, John said:

In Argentina "crack" is a genius. In football it describes an exceedingly good footballer, as in "Leo Messi es un crack." 

Now as I'm from the UK, looking at that it looks like it's saying (Leo Messi is on Crack) 🤣.

I spose you learn something new every day.

I may go into my course tomorrow calling everyone Crack, see how long it is before someone says something or I get sent home. I will then use Messi as an excuse and say it's a way of describing you morons as a genius in Argentina 🤣.

Serious though, cheers for that it's nice to know.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Jack leaves, there's really only 1 choice for captain?

Mings close runner up.

I love Martinez and I agree with you he’d be a great captain (not least as he will pretty much guaranteed play every game for the next few years) but if Jack leaves (which he won’t) I think Mings would get the armband without a second thought.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I love Martinez and I agree with you he’d be a great captain (not least as he will pretty much guaranteed play every game for the next few years) but if Jack leaves (which he won’t) I think Mings would get the armband without a second thought.

There are some that would say Trezeguet deserves it too.

not me

UK football teams are also described as crack. 

I've frequently seen BCFC described as a crack outfit.................. Oh no sorry, that's crap. 

• Haha 1

I’ve just been watching his highlights from last season. Apart from the fact that he is absolutely ace and a bit of a character, what really sticks out is the breadth of his game. He makes all saves. He doesn’t appear to have any weaknesses. What were Arsenal playing at for all of these years?

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've frequently seen BCFC described as a crack outfit.................. Oh no sorry, that's crap. 

To be fair arse crack succinctly describes small Heath alliance 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I’ve frequently seen them described as crack addicts, well when they can afford it.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

How long will our tournament players get off now do you think before 2022/23 season starts?? Slightly concerned about burn out...

I hope we see him back much before then!

I assume 2-3 weeks off then back to BMH. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Fair play, and you're probably right.

EMI Vice

Â