Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Wow incredible. Well done Emi, fully deserved. This bloke is phenomenal, what a player, what a bloke.

What a fecking shame the prat’s at Arsenal hid you from the world for 10yrs. 

I had zero expectation for him and was surprised we were having to pay £20 M. Wow wow wee wa, he is the Terminator, the genuine worry now is that one of the very, very top clubs in the world want him.

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I had zero expectation for him and was surprised we were having to pay £20 M. Wow wow wee wa, he is the Terminator, the genuine worry now is that one of the very, very top clubs in the world want him.

Said this a couple of times in the week - bar juventus who is there at the very very top that is a position to buy a £50m+ goalkeeper?? Even juventus is a stretch due to their finances 

There's no market for him, nobody is there to buy him, they already have their keepers and even those like utd with de gea where you can say confidently martinez is better so maybe utd would be interested... They wouldn't be able to shift de gea! 

Give him a new contract as a reward but this fear over us selling someone as soon as they play well is nonsense 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Congraulations to Emi on his well deserved win and the added bonus of the Golden Glove.

Some Tournament he has had.....now for holding on to ANOTHER world talent.

I think after years of being locked in the cupboard, Emi will value the love he gets at Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

In Argentina "crack" is a genius. In football it describes an exceedingly good footballer, as in "Leo Messi es un crack." 

If you say someone is cracked just in english it means they are really **** good. So not even too far away really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Said this a couple of times in the week - bar juventus who is there at the very very top that is a position to buy a £50m+ goalkeeper?? Even juventus is a stretch due to their finances 

There's no market for him, nobody is there to buy him, they already have their keepers and even those like utd with de gea where you can say confidently martinez is better so maybe utd would be interested... They wouldn't be able to shift de gea! 

Give him a new contract as a reward but this fear over us selling someone as soon as they play well is nonsense 

Atletico Madrid is only one I fear tbh if they ever sold Oblak. Simeone extended his contract for a few more years.

Emi will be here next few seasons as he understands we've been good for him aswell as he's been good for us. Ultimately though finishing 10th or 11th with likes of Emi and Jack isn't going to cut it for much longer especially now both are experiencing major success with national teams.

Going to be a fair bit of pressure on DS next season with the proven quality we now have in many key positions.

to think they let this guy go.......for less than 20m!

One of the best buys we have made in the last 25 years!

time for a new 5 year contract pls.

Edited by MaVilla

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Atletico Madrid is only one I fear tbh if they ever sold Oblak

That's the thing though... Who's buying Oblak?! 

He's a £80m+ goalkeeper, no one's got that kind of money who needs a keeper 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Here we go. Villa player excels and you're already talking about selling him. Like clockwork. 

Completely agree, jeez some of the fans on this forum need to enjoy the moment and realise we are on the up.

Â