Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Great result for Emiliano and everything but I didnt find Argentina entertaining so this trophy doesnt count 🤪

No, it does… because the manager recognised greatness and played his best available squad…. Finally ousting the other bloke to make sure that awesome-personified took his rightful place in goal…

Emi won the Copa America and Golden glove for the tournament…

Jack could have ripped up the Euros… but Southgate had to make a point that it was “his way or the highway” by playing lesser, inferior (and frankly) shit players like Mason Mount (who can’t even win a playoff final), Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, it does… because the manager recognised greatness and played his best available squad…. Finally ousting the other bloke to make sure that awesome-personified took his rightful place in goal…

Emi won the Copa America and Golden glove for the tournament…

Jack could have ripped up the Euros… but Southgate had to make a point that it was “his way or the highway” by playing lesser, inferior (and frankly) shit players like Mason Mount (who can’t even win a playoff final), Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice

Whilst I actually agree with you, didn’t Mount just win the Champions League (and got an assist to boot)? Not sure you can really use this against him.

But back on topic - Martinez is just an absolute wonderful player. He is without doubt the signing of last season and I am just delighted that it has clearly worked out for him (and Messi). Just absolutely incredible year for him and he’s a Villa player! Whoever made this signing happen; thank you!!!

• Like 2

Can you imagine that this guy sat around in Arsenal's reserves for 10 years, it's unbelievable. He came to England as a 17 year old leaving behind his family and they wasted his talent for so long. I'm so happy we signed him.

I love his winning mentality, he's now a Copa America winner to add to his FA Cup win. I hope there's more to come with Villa. 

I genuinely wouldn't swap any other GK for him right now. All that frustration for being ignored for so long has made him a better player imo, it's helped him become more resilient and he's shown that over the last 12 months.

I also love his emotional openness. Was visibly in tears after the FA Cup Final last after sacrificing so much to go to Arse, and has clearly been emotional throughout his journey with Argentina in this tournament, giving up seeing his new born child to ensure he was fully focused on the whole tournament.

Well done Emi, you deserve this success 👏

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Whilst I actually agree with you, didn’t Mount just win the Champions League (and got an assist to boot)? Not sure you can really use this against him.

But back on topic - Martinez is just an absolute wonderful player. He is without doubt the signing of last season and I am just delighted that it has clearly worked out for him (and Messi). Just absolutely incredible year for him and he’s a Villa player! Whoever made this signing happen; thank you!!!

Yeah but I am a Villa fan and Villa pretty much invented the football league system/concept, which means we are essentially Gods of club football...

And Gods say and do what they like :D

Its a fantastic system and one I wholeheartedly endorse!

• Haha 1

Surely we will be trying to tie Emi down to a big contract now. Another 5 years from now with a big pay rise. He will be in demand and his current contract probably leaves us a little exposed. He totally deserves a massive pay rise. The bloke just keeps delivering. He also will have massively raised our profile in South/Central America over the past month. He is worth every single penny.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Surely we will be trying to tie Emi down to a big contract now. Another 5 years from now with a big pay rise. He will be in demand and his current contract probably leaves us a little exposed. He totally deserves a massive pay rise. The bloke just keeps delivering. He also will have massively raised our profile in South/Central America over the past month. He is worth every single penny.

Totally agree with this.  He’s just as important as Grealish is to us, so deserves a similar pay rise.

Honestly wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but his wife gave birth a week or so ago. He’s yet to meet his new daughter. He’s done so well to stay focused, what an emotional time for him.

• Like 1

What a fantastic achievement, he will be renowned and adored by Argentina fans and, with his contribution, has allowed Messi to finally win something on the international stage.

I mean, did they even know who the big man was before this tournament? 😆 What an impact! He won that no.1 shirt and wasn’t going to let it go!

What a man, what a player. Huge personality coupled with huge talent and ability. A true leader, for inspiration and positive influence.

Well done Emi, can’t wait to have you back at Villa and enjoy success together. 👏

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Congrats Martinez, although Messi's words were spot on till the last bit. Wonder what crack he meant, ass crack or just the drug Crack 🤣.

Messi- “Congratulations beast !!! More than deserved! You are crack.”

In Argentina "crack" is a genius. In football it describes an exceedingly good footballer, as in "Leo Messi es un crack." 

Â