Emiliano Martínez

hippo

18 minutes ago, TomC said:

Strangely, neither Pele nor Maradona ever won a Copa America.

Strange indeed. Wonder if the tournament was not as important back then.  Frank LeBoeuf on TV the other day was talking about how the Ballon D'Or wasn't even a thing when he was playing, but today causes huge debate.

23 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Strange indeed. Wonder if the tournament was not as important back then.  Frank LeBoeuf on TV the other day was talking about how the Ballon D'Or wasn't even a thing when he was playing, but today causes huge debate.

I do feel like the long term Messi v Ronaldo debate has had a huge impact on the importance placed on the Ballon D'Or. 

Huge congratulations to OUR goalkeeper. Aston Villa’s Copa America, starring, goalkeeper. He’s ours. He’s our Emi. I can’t wait for the reception he receives opening day of the season. Well probably pre-season actually. 

What a ‘keeper. What a man. What a signing!

Will Smith Applause GIF

Edited by villan-scott
Damn autocorrect made me look like a damn fool

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Strangely, neither Pele nor Maradona ever won a Copa America.

That’s nothing compared to their disappointment  of never playing for The Villa. Although Pele did get the consolation of at least playing against us at Villa Park. 

• Like 3

Congrats Martinez, although Messi's words were spot on till the last bit. Wonder what crack he meant, ass crack or just the drug Crack 🤣.

Messi- “Congratulations beast !!! More than deserved! You are crack.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Great result for Emiliano and everything but I didnt find Argentina entertaining so this trophy doesnt count 🤪

England hasn't won anything yet 😉

So happy for the big guy! Let's hope Mings and Grealish gets one too, for their sake. 

• Like 2

Â