Emiliano Martínez

hippo

He's training today, so I guess he must have left Argentina on Wednesday night or the early hours of Thursday.

It must be incredibly difficult for him (and the other South American players) right now - it's an eighteen hour trip each way and he's had to make that journey several times this season already. I'm not sure what today's wacky regulations are - but certainly last time out he also spent time training in Croatia and isolating in a hotel room for ten days away from his family which can't be easy - with the stress of his dad being unwell on top of that, it must be a very unsettling time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's training today, so I guess he must have left Argentina on Wednesday night or the early hours of Thursday.

It must be incredibly difficult for him (and the other South American players) right now - it's an eighteen hour trip each way and he's had to make that journey several times this season already. I'm not sure what today's wacky regulations are - but certainly last time out he also spent time training in Croatia and isolating in a hotel room for ten days away from his family which can't be easy - with the stress of his dad being unwell on top of that, it must be a very unsettling time.

Whilst I agree with this, I'd imagine 18 hours on a plane for a Premier league footballer is a somewhat different experience to 18 hours on a plane for you and I. They'll have exercise equipment, Michelin star chefs, waiters, deluxe beds etc. Obviously last time having to quarantine and everything that happened would have been v stressful, but in general I don't think the flight time is that bad for them - I'm not sure of the time difference but if its big I'd say that'll be the bigger issue

25 minutes ago, weedman said:

Whilst I agree with this, I'd imagine 18 hours on a plane for a Premier league footballer is a somewhat different experience to 18 hours on a plane for you and I. They'll have exercise equipment, Michelin star chefs, waiters, deluxe beds etc. Obviously last time having to quarantine and everything that happened would have been v stressful, but in general I don't think the flight time is that bad for them - I'm not sure of the time difference but if its big I'd say that'll be the bigger issue

What kind of flight do you think he's getting🙃

Business class sure, but exercise equipment, waiters, Michelin star chefs?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I was imagining a private plane myself, although possibly a slight exaggeration but if I was earning 50/60/70k a week I'm not gonna be skimping on a flight to go see my dad in hospital. I don't think he was sweating over whether to pay the £75 for extra legroom seats

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well he’s definitely not going to be going business class!

Almost certainly a private plane with personal staff, a bedroom, lounge area, etc.

On 13/10/2021 at 21:21, The Moustache of Teale said:

How do Kappa sizes work for kids? Did you have to get him a 10 year old’s shirt?

just ask for an Alan Wright shirt, they'll know the size.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Regardless of the ludicrous Spurs interest, we need him re-signed, must be some negotiations going on right now....

Why would he want to sign?

If he is smart he waits it out till the summer.

We are going absolutely nowhere as a club as of right now. Miles and miles off Europe.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Our best player right now....can't go down that route again.

However, the grass is not always greener and Emi seems the sort to know that...

He gained his international cap with us, that won't go unnoticed, either.

• Like 1

Did the Declan Rice one really not take a deflection!?!

It was dribbled in from thirty yards - he could have strolled over, taken his gloves off, wiped his hands on his shorts, put his gloves back on and still have got there in time to keep it out - I just assumed there had been a deflection that had put him off - if not, it's an absolute horror show from him and he should be made to go stand in the corner until he's sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â