Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Seriously… WTF. I’ve taken another look at his Twitter post and it is nothing more than a couple of words.

”On to 🇦🇷

Wow….

wow…

People are reacting to that? What’s wrong with it? It doesn’t tell you anything other than he is looking forward to playing for his country….

What? Did people want him to write, “oh, I won’t be going to play for my country. I don’t want to miss any Villa games”. Would that have put your minds at ease? And why would anyone even make a statement like that?

Nothing suggests that he wants to leave the club in the shit and just fly off for internationals whilst missing a heap of games for us… the only shitting going on atm is on Emi by some of our so called fans for no actual reason and without any basis or knowledge…

Whatever the circumstances, I’m sure it’s quite the dilemma and he isn’t just thinking “sod my club”…

Why are we being so moronic?

Wait and see, hopefully a satisfactory agreement or arrangement will be reached soon. 

Bloody hell…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Last time I looked Luiz hadn't been picked for Brazil so he'll be o.k for Chelsea unless that's changed in last few days. Get the feeling we picked up the phone and requested he was "rested" for these games considering he was in their Copa and Olympics squads so that's the sort of joined up thinking needed here with the two Emi's.

None of the English based players are in the Brazil squad 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I gave arguments from both perspectives, You only have to look at our own fanbase turning on him to see it’s obvious his own country would do the same, people in general are illogical,  37k positive cases in Uk today 27k in England alone , only 7k in Argentina. Bizarre 

Except Argentina aren't paying his wages. Villa are. He lives and works in England and would have to travel in the middle of a pandemic with restrictions in place to play for Argentina, and then be unable to work for his employer. Nothing of the sort would happen if he was to stay in Birmingham during the break.

The situations aren't equal.The Argentinian fans being upset would be just like Bruce being upset about the penalty being last Saturday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Those worrying about Steer playing need yo ssk the question: why haven't we signed a number two keeper yet? 

because it's very very difficult to sign a back up keeper who is genuine PL quality. even the top teams don't really have them.

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Except Argentina aren't paying his wages. Villa are. He lives and works in England and would have to travel in the middle of a pandemic with restrictions in place to play for Argentina, and then be unable to work for his employer. Nothing of the sort would happen if he was to stay in Birmingham during the break.

The situations aren't equal.The Argentinian fans being upset would be just like Bruce being upset about the penalty being last Saturday.

If England’s  players was being held up by Say Real Madrid I bet views would be different ,  saw plenty getting annoyed that Ings wasn’t picked for the England squad and plenty annoyed during the summer when Jack wasn’t getting a fair crack, so from your perspective Jack, Henderson and Maguire should have been held back from going to the Euro’s because they weren’t  England weren’t their employers after all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Argentina still have a major dislike towards England, it wont look well for him and his family if he bows down to English pressure 

Welcome to the world of having good footballers in the squad. We want our players to be selected and play for their national sides but we don't want them to travel, play too much or pick up injuries but return well rested when the do.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously… WTF. I’ve taken another look at his Twitter post and it is nothing more than a couple of words.

”On to 🇦🇷

Wow….

wow…

People are reacting to that? What’s wrong with it? It doesn’t tell you anything other than he is looking forward to playing for his country….

What? Did people want him to write, “oh, I won’t be going to play for my country. I don’t want to miss any Villa games”. Would that have put your minds at ease? And why would anyone even make a statement like that?

Nothing suggests that he wants to leave the club in the shit and just fly off for internationals whilst missing a heap of games for us… the only shitting going on atm is on Emi by some of our so called fans for no actual reason and without any basis or knowledge…

Whatever the circumstances, I’m sure it’s quite the dilemma and he isn’t just thinking “sod my club”…

Why are we being so moronic?

Wait and see, hopefully a satisfactory agreement or arrangement will be reached soon. 

Bloody hell…

The manager has said he has talked to them, they’ve been asked not to go but it looks as if they are going to go anyway.

You seem to be the only person completely losing their shit here tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, gwi1890 said:

If England’s  players was being held up by Say Real Madrid I bet views would be different ,  saw plenty getting annoyed that Ings wasn’t picked for the England squad and plenty annoyed during the summer when Jack wasn’t getting a fair crack, so from your perspective Jack, Henderson and Maguire should have been held back from going to the Euro’s because they weren’t  England weren’t their employers after all.

Who's Jack? 😜

The situations aren't parallel though. Firstly, the Euros didn't take place in the middle of a season.

Secondly, the Euros are a major tournament and the stakes are much higher.

Thirdly, nothing about them being in the squad directly hampered their clubs' progress. Sure,they might have picked up an injury,but then so could any player. This is in stark contrast with the current situations, whereby players would be guaranteed to miss games If they leave.

53 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Who's Jack? 😜

The situations aren't parallel though. Firstly, the Euros didn't take place in the middle of a season.

Secondly, the Euros are a major tournament and the stakes are much higher.

Thirdly, nothing about them being in the squad directly hampered their clubs' progress. Sure,they might have picked up an injury,but then so could any player. This is in stark contrast with the current situations, whereby players would be guaranteed to miss games If they leave.

Qualifying for a world cup isn’t high stakes?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Qualifying for a world cup isn’t high stakes?

Probably his only chance to play at a World Cup. Juan Musso is maybe a better keeper too and if Emi doesnt go he could lose the No. 1 jersey 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

This isn't the same at all. It's a terrible analogy for the situation we face. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Probably his only chance to play at a World Cup. Juan Musso is maybe a better keeper too and if Emi doesnt go he could lose the No. 1 jersey 

But with all due respect to Emi, this isn't our problem. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The manager has said he has talked to them, they’ve been asked not to go but it looks as if they are going to go anyway.

You seem to be the only person completely losing their shit here tbh.

🤣 Really?

”looks like they are going to go anyway” 

looks like? Is that further “confirmation”?

Just go back and look at your own comments and others? Overreactions aplenty.

Sack them? GTFO

Again, let’s see what happens…

No one, including you, has any idea what is actually going on here.

• Thanks 1

Now I’ve calmed down and sobered up I’ll just wait until I hear what the compromise is. The fact the club have openly said they don’t want him to go and it also likes the vast majority of players in the league are respecting clubs wishes it will be interesting to see what decision is made. 

I’ll be disappointed if he goes at all but it’s obviously something that is important to him. If he really is going to miss up to 10 games due to this decision then I honestly believe we need to look for a new number one, as much as I love the guy.  That’s almost a third of the season.  

But as some have said, let’s just see what happens. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, sne said:

Welcome to the world of having good footballers in the squad. We want our players to be selected and play for their national sides but we don't want them to travel, play too much or pick up injuries but return well rested when the do.

I don’t think anybody would have a problem with it if it’s wasn’t for the quarantine rules.  Apparently most players in the league are respecting the clubs wishes. It’s disappointing if ours aren’t. 

Â