Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dunno if true but read that Emi became a dad four days ago but hasn't get met his new daughter cos hes at the tournament

Sign her up.  Our female GK in 18 years time sorted.

• Haha 1

Emi Martinez still confuses me. What did he do at Arsenal?

He has emerged as a beast and a leader but only  really started his career in 2019.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

more the positioning, think back to victor valdes and the old sweeper keeper stuff, neuer like you say too, wheres he's willing and able to stand at the edge of his box and offer himself as an outball when they're in possession and as a result they can play further up the pitch, like i said effectively becoming an 11th outfield player

we dont do that, might not be because of martinez it might be because of smith but i think the best keepers in the world and teams in the world tend to play in that manner now

I think the sweeping up and playing it short is more tactics from the coaching staff rather than keeper ability with the ball.

Plenty of keepers sweep up, including ones who are rubbish with their feet like Pope. Oblak doesn't and he's the best. I'm sure if he or Martinez played under a coach who wanted their keeper to sweep high up or play the ball only short they'd both be fine at it.

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Btw mate, this wasn’t strictly aimed at you. So apologies. Yours wasn’t the only comment along those lines.

Just my general frustration with a section of our fanbase.

Whenever we do well or a player excels, a few usually spoil the moment. It’s so unnecessary.

No offence taken - it wasn’t intended to cause so much fuss and attention (it’s not like I’m posting endless ramblings about bringing ex-players home!)

(The gif responses were hilarious!)

This is the best condition the club has been in for decades.

We are a great club and building something special - our players are already being touted to move to ‘bigger’ clubs which is something we will continue to have to deal with.

Martinez is great for us as a club, as are we to him and if he continues in this manner, no doubt huge bids will come in for him from the World Elite. 

It’s a sad reality but hopefully one day, we can be that elite team that can pluck whoever from their club on a whim.

Just now, theboyangel said:

No offence taken - it wasn’t intended to cause so much fuss and attention (it’s not like I’m posting endless ramblings about bringing ex-players home!)

We are a great club and building something special - our players are already being touted to move to ‘bigger’ clubs which is something we will continue to have to deal with.

Martinez is great for us as a club, as are we to him and if he continues in this manner, no doubt huge bids will come in for him from the World Elite. 

It’s a sad reality but hopefully one day, we can be that elite team that can pluck whoever from their club on a whim.

Thanks mate, apologies once again.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Thanks mate, apologies once again.

no need to apologise!

It’s a great forum with (in the majority) some interesting differing opinions!

It’d be dull if we were all happy and brummies are never happy 😉😂

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

no need to apologise!

It’s a great forum with (in the majority) some interesting differing opinions!

It’d be dull if we were all happy and brummies are never happy 😉😂

I’m not a Brummie 😉

Maybe that explains it! 🤣

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I Hate To See It Happen Donald Trump GIF

• Haha 1

Things that Emi Martinez could save:

• The relationship between Palastine and Israel
  • Bill and Hillary's marriage
  • Wimbledon F.C from administration
  • The Cookie Monster from certain obesity
  • Michael Barrymore's media career
  • The natural world...

Any other's you can think of feel free to add. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Emi, Dougie, Jack and Tyrone proving you can reach the international pinnacle playing for villa. It’s a hell of a sales pitch for potential new signings.

true cat GIF

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh boy… the Tweets and Twitter are really kicking off now…

How amusing…

Gunners fans out in their droves, weeping ceaselessly

Nothing  but regrets

🤣

I’d be interested in a couple of screenshots of your favourites, just saying…

Â