Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I don't know why we only signed him to a 4 year deal, which is now 3 years left? We should extend that next season if we can to a new 5 year deal as he'll be wanted by the absolute tops clubs who can get him for cheap in 2 years time when he's only got a year left

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't know why we only signed him to a 4 year deal, which is now 3 years left? We should extend that next season if we can to a new 5 year deal as he'll be wanted by the absolute tops clubs who can get him for cheap in 2 years time when he's only got a year left

Long deals mean nothing if you go by all the worry warts that think Grealish will leave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why do you assume that it was us and not him? 

Could have been negotiated down to 4 years by his agent 

14 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

giphy.webp

**** hyped for him. Gets to play with the best footballer in the world

... And now with Messi too.

Looks like the tournament might be cancelled 

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think this kid has integrity....He is ours to lose.

• Like 2

This on the back of reading Arsenal regret the decision to sell Emi (blimey, Sherlock) and Arenal's hopes of signing the Brentford goalie dashed - Emi is a phenomenal signing for us, and agree @TRO, he seems an honourable man who will stick around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

This on the back of reading Arsenal regret the decision to sell Emi (blimey, Sherlock) and Arenal's hopes of signing the Brentford goalie dashed - Emi is a phenomenal signing for us, and agree @TRO, he seems an honourable man who will stick around.

I think he only ever wanted to be loved/ appreciated in footballing terms....He was taken for granted.

He did the right thing, but Arsenal to be fair, let him go.....I don't want to rub their noses in it, because they allowed him to leave..C'est la vie.

as an example........Its like an abused Dog, who finds a loving home.....loyalty for life.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

So glad we picked him as the supporters player of the season.  He is probably the most likely to receive attention from others out of our new signings. And having seen the glory of the lights of Europe (albeit unfairly from the bench), he is probably the most likely to want to get back there. 

Our voting of him as POTS will really help him realise how much he's loved,  even though he probably already did!

Here's hoping Argentina see what we see and make him their no 1.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I think he only ever wanted to be loved/ appreciated in footballing terms....He was taken for granted.

He did the right thing, but Arsenal to be fair, let him go.....I don't want to rub their noses in it, because they allowed him to leave..C'est la vie.

as an example........Its like an abused Dog, who finds a loving home.....loyalty for life.

Totally agree. I can’t imagine him leaving if there is even a tiny chance he won’t start as he’s now our guaranteed number one. He’s one of the few honourable footballers who want to play and win and be loved, rather than just taking the cash and doing some token training here and there and sitting on the bench. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Â