Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I agree with you 😳 but we have to trust that those at the club know better than we do..... There is no place for sentimentality at this level. He'll be an icon of the club for what he did but that doesn't mean he's owed a few games to see how he goes .... Doesn't work like that sadly.

I think you’re right 

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I love steer and it absolutely is wrong that we keep him if we cant play him. The bloke is wasting away and it is wrong and I hate how he came up with us and wasnt given the shot in goal to impress. We should of at least found out what he could do in the premier, i think he would of surprised alot of people. Steer is another one like Hourihane who always seems to step up and get rid of his doubters.

He’s been injured, I don’t think he’s been treated poorly at all. He would’ve been given his chance last season but was largely unavailable...

We can’t take risks with injury prone players (inc Heaton) & playing vastly inferior players as it is going to cost us crucial points. And being overly sentimental is going to cost us too (e.g. Davis is nowhere near good enough for PL).

Keeping Nyland (hope we sell) as far away from our first team as possible is only going to help us.

GK is such a crucial position where we need some assurance & reliability and it can have such a positive and calming effect on the defence. This move will already get us more points than originally anticipated.

Glad we are sorting this now and I have full confidence in Martinez, he looks the real deal. 

We’re starting to create a (more) competitive team now and that’s both exciting & encouraging. Hopefully, we will not be in a relegation battle this season and I don’t think the owners would tolerate it either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Without Steer, we’d still be in The Championship, I feel sorry for him with how he’s been treated. He is a very capable goalkeeper I think 

Correct. We probably would be. and it’s a shame he’ll never make it. 

But he’s not good enough. That’s the brutal truth

• Like 1

just watched the "instagram story", shows her and some friends/family having a meal at the Belfrey, then walking outside showing the entrance.

the belfrey is literally a mile or so from Bodymoor Heath Training Ground isnt it?

Just now, MaVilla said:

just watched the "instagram story", shows her and some friends/family having a meal at the Belfrey, then walking outside showing the entrance.

the belfrey is literally a mile or so from Bodymoor Heath Training Ground isnt it?

Yeah. It's practically down the road.

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yes it’s very close. This actually will happen by the looks of it. Surprised. 

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

BALE like the Derby the PGA and absolutely loves the Brab, just saying

Just now, AerialThreat said:

Hi folks

Friendly Arsenal fan here!

Just dropped by to tell you just how good a keeper you’re getting in Emi Martinez. (Can confirm the deal is 100% done!)

We’re gutted to be losing him but we need to sell to raise funds for signings - we can’t afford to have two £20m+ rated keepers.

One thing worth mentioning - he’s the best keeper I’ve ever seen in terms of claiming crosses. It’s like he’s got superglue on his gloves!

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead!

Gareth aka @AerialThreat (Twitter)

That's music to my ears. We've had bad luck with keepers who just love to punch or slap the ball rather than catch it.

What's his distribution like?

Just now, AerialThreat said:

Hi folks

Friendly Arsenal fan here!

Just dropped by to tell you just how good a keeper you’re getting in Emi Martinez. (Can confirm the deal is 100% done!)

We’re gutted to be losing him but we need to sell to raise funds for signings - we can’t afford to have two £20m+ rated keepers.

One thing worth mentioning - he’s the best keeper I’ve ever seen in terms of claiming crosses. It’s like he’s got superglue on his gloves!

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead!

Gareth aka @AerialThreat (Twitter)

Welcome Gareth. Thanks for the positive words. I’m looking forward to Martinez lining up for us. Thought he was top class after the restart for you. Some are sceptical he hasn’t played enough for a 28 year old, but I’m confident we’ve got a good’un! Good luck for the season, and thanks for the 3 points last season 😆

Â