Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If you watched the game with the crowd sound on then I suggest you turn it off for the next game and have a listen to the lungs on the guy.

All I could hear last night was Dean Smith, Mings and Marinez who was barking instructions at the defence all game which is something I absolutely love in GK.

We shouldn't get carried away by last night, he didn't have a great deal to do but what he did he did extremely well and I think there is real genuine reason to be excited.

What I like about him is there is a steal and confidence but he couldn't come across more humble and lacking in ego.

With our GL issues of recent years if he is as good as we think he might be he will become an absolute fans favourite.

I'll bet Frank would have been in for him, if we had left it any later......well done Villa.

It is hard not to get excited with this one.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

was she upperty?

Not at all.  It was pre him so dunno if she became that way later.

Was a cool job actually, used to serve the squad a pre match buffet and then the directors/guests a posh sit down.  

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

what was said was.....They are tough, durable and hard to beat.......and they are, and the game exemplified it.

It wasn't a game for the purists, but the pragmatists like me, was pleased.

They are and they also massively over achieved. I got laughed at when I said they will struggle second season. Very early but I think they will be in the relegation scrap. 

Plus keeping on topic there goalie is crap and ours is class. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are and they also massively over achieved. I got laughed at when I said they will struggle second season. Very early but I think they will be in the relegation scrap. 

Plus keeping on topic there goalie is crap and ours is class. 

is right....on both counts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I’ve just watched his interview on AVTV. What a top man. He seems really at home already. A real team player and all round humble guy.

He even showed the patience to put up with the mad warbling of Captain Jack!

why do we persist with that walter mitty interviewer/commentator?

does my nut in.

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Weren't we in for Ramsdale at one point? Can you even imagine?

He properly dived in instalments for our goal didn't he? Thought he let in loads of soft ones for Bournemouth last season so they've massively downgraded in that area after losing Henderson while we've had a big upgrade.

Gives more confidence we can get to the giddy heights of mid table.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Unfortunately it doesnt show all his touches......but still....better than nothing.

He got some hospital passes given to him and dealt with them like a boss.

I think overall, it was as assured a goalkeeping display i have seen in a villa shirt for many years. (granted he didnt have to do much, but everything he did, he did with complete assurance and confidence)

Missing that crazy throw to Trezeguet.

Â