Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 05/11/2021 at 11:23, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

https://youtu.be/eWjfrgAxgxo

Emi re-iterating all the disruptions the squad have suffered, decent interview

Makes me even more sad for deano that. 
Players must feel some responsibility too, you can see what a tight unit we were. 

Whatever will be willl be now and I’m happy with Gerrard, but I hope we take the togetherness through, it’s been years since we had it. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another clean sheet for Argentina 

My bet for the World Cup. They seem to have become very sold and obviously got the talent for something special in games. Plus a top keeper. Perfect recipe for knockout football.  Next year could be massive for Emi. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

My bet for the World Cup. They seem to have become very sold and obviously got the talent for something special in games. Plus a top keeper. Perfect recipe for knockout football.  Next year could be massive for Emi. 

They are playing well but Otamendi and Romero started centre back today. Its not inspiring but maybe its a good partnership

On 13/11/2021 at 08:17, Zatman said:

They are playing well but Otamendi and Romero started centre back today. Its not inspiring but maybe its a good partnership

Romero who was just voted best defender in Serie A last season? Sure, it’s no Stones and Maguire. 

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Yet another clean sheet, against big rivals and top of the table Brazil, for our Emi.  I hope he has a restful journey home and doesn't have too much to do on Saturday.

Not like last time against Brighton 🤣

• Like 2

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly considering a transfer for Emiliano Martinez, who Aston Villa coach Neil Cutler has just praised for his determination to be the best in the world.

Martinez joined Aston Villa from Arsenal for £17m last year and has established himself as one of the Premier League’s best. Shutting out 18 sides over 48 outings in the Villans net.

But Cutler has told The Goalkeepers’ Union Podcast Martinez wants to be the world’s best. With the Aston Villa goalkeeper coach explaining how the 29-year-old is targeting his goal.

“He is so driven,” Cutler said. “In his locker in the changing room, we’ve got lots of different things that he has to tick off. He has to keep this many clean sheets, passing percentage has to be this, has to save this amount of penalties. He’s always got things to tick off.

Paratici will no doubt admire Martinez’s determination to be the best in the world, as he weighs up targeting a transfer for Tottenham to sign the Aston Villa goalkeeper next year.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/17/so-driven-coach-lauds-17m-reported-tottenham-target-aiming-to-be-best-in-the-world/

Supposedly there is a clause...

Edited by sne

Just now, villa4europe said:

That is a horrible article

I particularly like how the quote that they've got has absolutely nothing to do with spurs 

Was the first one I found. There is a lot of talk about it on Spurs forums due to them getting a new GK coach from Roma who's apparently a fan of Martinez. And they seem to think he has a clause in the contract. 

Great to see Emi back at his commanding best, against Brighton.

Made Garth Crooks 'team of the week' on BBC Sport. Although, I personally put more relevant praise on a teacher's 'sticky star' in a 7 year old's school work book.

• Haha 1

Â