Emiliano Martínez

hippo

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Who can afford him though that doesn't already have a world class keeper?  Only really leaves Man Utd and...lolz, Newcastle.

We laugh but i reckon it will be the current mid table clubs that Newcastle could potentially try and raid.  Similar to City when they first got took over. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 13:24, birdman said:

He is a good guy but we can't expect to keep him long term unless we miraculously get Champions League football next couple of years! I would imagine he has a taste for trophies now. Hopefully he'll sign an extension and we get alot of money for him when the time comes.

European football, will be come a pre requisite for all our players moving forward, such is the progress we pursue.

We have to be bold enough to achieve it.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 13:04, Reivax_Villa said:

Top Goalkeeper.

I will be amazed if we are able to keep him next summer.

We can't let him go...he is that crucial to our project.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We laugh but i reckon it will be the current mid table clubs that Newcastle could potentially try and raid.  Similar to City when they first got took over. 

We better strive for the lower half then.😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

European football, will be come a pre requisite for all our players moving forward, such is the progress we pursue.

We have to be bold enough to achieve it.

Yeah definitely. To have wanted players is a blessing as well as a curse but it's a problem I'm happy to have. We simply have to progress and meet our goals or suffer the consequences -  obviously we have some leeway in terms of time frame but decent players won't stick around and stagnate if more attractive offers come along. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I feel, what we are doing behind the scenes is right....The path feels right.

Success creeps up on you, when you do things right, like demise, does when you do things wrong.....

Aston Villa is not a club right now that players will be looking to leave, we have a clear ascending trajectory....its a big risk to give that up.

We're in a very good place for sure! My post sounded a bit negative but I absolutely don't expect us to stagnate and lose players. We have everything going for us right now. Sharks will always circle and try to destabilise a good thing but we have to combat that through success. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 14:21, Davkaus said:

I'd be delighted if we get a few more years of him, but I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season and not get my hopes up. It's absolutely outrageous we signed a player of this quality for twenty something million. 

It was actually something crazy like 16 million.

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Well even if they do come after Emi, they'd have to get rid of 2 of their 3 current first team GKs, which probably wouldn't be the most ideal considering the squad limits

Looking at their squad, GK will be one of the last positions that needs to be upgraded.

• Like 1

Whilst the Grealish pain suggests a cautious approach to player fandom, I can’t help it with Martinez. He’s so good it’s unreal, but I can’t see him moving on yet. We’re in the ascendency and we’ve backed him in his international escapades. He looks happy at Villa and I think he appreciates the chance we gave him. I think he’s here for another couple of years at least. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Whilst the Grealish pain suggests a cautious approach to player fandom, I can’t help it with Martinez. He’s so good it’s unreal, but I can’t see him moving on yet. We’re in the ascendency and we’ve backed him in his international escapades. He looks happy at Villa and I think he appreciates the chance we gave him. I think he’s here for another couple of years at least. 

I think the key difference for me is Grealish is a superstar, popular outside football, a global brand, and you just can't maintain that at Villa as we are now (in a few years hopefully!), Emi doesn't seem that way. He seems a genuine guy just happy to be playing football and winning trophies (albeit for Argentina). He's had a taste of being at an "elite" (according to the media) club and knows that playing regularly is more important 

Fingers crossed he's here for the rest of his career because I love the guy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weedman said:

I think the key difference for me is Grealish is a superstar, popular outside football, a global brand, and you just can't maintain that at Villa as we are now (in a few years hopefully!), Emi doesn't seem that way. He seems a genuine guy just happy to be playing football and winning trophies (albeit for Argentina). He's had a taste of being at an "elite" (according to the media) club and knows that playing regularly is more important 

Fingers crossed he's here for the rest of his career because I love the guy 

He has arguably the best player in the world (for some time) cheerleading him....and that won't go unnoticed.

We have to do our best to keep him and I am sure our club will....It is well documented, Emi is well happy with us and after 10 years at a big club, experiencing a disparaging regime towards him..." once bitten twice shy"

Emi will have a great career with us, and doesn't have to move anywhere to achieve it.....and he knows that.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has arguably the best player in the world (for some time) cheerleading him....and that won't go unnoticed.

We have to do our best to keep him and I am sure our club will....It is well documented, Emi is well happy with us and after 10 years at a big club, experiencing a disparaging regime towards him..." once bitten twice shy"

Emi will have a great career with us, and doesn't have to move anywhere to achieve it.....and he knows that.

i do hope you are right and we can keep him, he could be our number one for the next 8-10 years, depending on how he looks after himself!

2.5 years left on his contract, hopefully we can tie him down to a new one soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i do hope you are right and we can keep him, he could be our number one for the next 8-10 years, depending on how he looks after himself!

2.5 years left on his contract, hopefully we can tie him down to a new one soon.

The fanbase love him....where has he had that before, I am not naive enough to say, that alone will secure him.....but being happy, is a serious ingredient to mental well being. I just hope his family is happy at Villa, that too is important.

He has never been appreciated as much as we do....That is a huge thing to give up, and even more so, with Emi's past.

No, I think he will be with us for some time yet.

Edited by TRO

I just can’t understand for the life of me why Arsenal let him go, £17m is peanuts in today’s market. It’s 1 of the worst transfer blunders in Premier League history. Let’s hope we can carry out more transfers of this magnitude 

• Like 1

Â