Jump to content

Josh King


JPAngel
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

How much do you reckon King would cost? I have no idea!!

Do you think his club would make us pay around 15 or 20 million? He wouldn't be a free transfer now would he and even if he were I'm not sure he fits the mould any longer.

Survival season I reckon King would of fit the mould, but this season I do not one bit, we were desperate in survival season  and this season gone plans went further ahead than expexted

I would prefer to add abit more on what we would pay for King anyhow and bring someone much more capable in that can provide real competitive football to Watkins. The one thing I do become scared with Watkins over, is that if we go buy a striker who we can just say "yeah he will do the job" who offers very little towards the development of Watkins in anyway or vica versa, we then may get Watkins who enters a state of relaxation. We all know what happens with a relaxed striker, we went though it many a time before and it's not nice. So just for the sake of keeping Watkins watching his backside and keeping him on his edge, we simply have to go and buy someone who is just as good as Watkins. Also I just don't get this whole idea of bringing in players who are below the standard of what our current squad players are, in reality it's a silly move for where were wanting to reach. Bringing below your current players level is like saying your happy with staying put as a mid table team. You don't see the so called big six trying to buy worse than what they already have, no you dont. They go out and improve there squad and if someone should end up as a bench or fringe squad player because of it then so be it as long as it keep your squad ticking.

 

he's on a free once his everton contract is up in a couple of weeks. and the fact that most of us still don't want him speaks volumes

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve seen on here that quite a lot of posters are against the potential King signing. For me, I’ve always admired him, I remember Man United signing him from Valerenga I think it was in Jan 2008 I think it was as a then 15 year old and I have followed him from afar ever since. I’d take him here, I couldn’t think of a better striker that we could attain that would come here as back up for Watkins 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve seen on here that quite a lot of posters are against the potential King signing. For me, I’ve always admired him, I remember Man United signing him from Valerenga I think it was in Jan 2008 I think it was as a then 15 year old and I have followed him from afar ever since. I’d take him here, I couldn’t think of a better striker that we could attain that would come here as back up for Watkins 

Maupay 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t want him here, he’s a nasty piece of work 

I know I was messing.

Once I did on our arrival to the prem, then I've seen how bad his discipline is and the trouble he causes.

He alone would probably disrupt the good team spirit and vibes at Villa.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I know I was messing.

Once I did on our arrival to the prem, then I've seen how bad his discipline is and the trouble he causes.

He alone would probably disrupt the good team spirit and vibes at Villa.

Hence the laughing smiley emoticon, I agree with you, I find it encouraging that Smith went for Watkins over Maupay when he had both players at Brentford. It says a lot of both player’s characters and ability 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hence the laughing smiley emoticon, I agree with you, I find it encouraging that Smith went for Watkins over Maupay when he had both players at Brentford. It says a lot of both player’s characters and ability 

I always wondered how Smith actually managed Maupay he's volatile, ever since he has left Brentford he's gotten so much worse.

I am glad Smith brought in Watkins over Maupay also, it's crazy how Watkins was on the right wing at Brentford while Maupay was the main striker there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I know I was messing.

Once I did on our arrival to the prem, then I've seen how bad his discipline is and the trouble he causes.

He alone would probably disrupt the good team spirit and vibes at Villa.

funny that a few could probably fit into this category, maupay and king are just 2 examples of players that in a relatively short amount of time we've moved on from and considered no longer good enough for us

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tomav84 said:

funny that a few could probably fit into this category, maupay and king are just 2 examples of players that in a relatively short amount of time we've moved on from and considered no longer good enough for us

Yeah exactly I think that's the difference between our survival season and season gone is that we required different players. I think some are still holding onto survival season Links but we do have to move on because the club is moving in.

Bringing in Watkins and Martinez last season and Buendia this season tells you alot,the club is preparing to go bigger and bigger or should I say the owners are 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Injuries have disrupted his career, when he signed for Utd back in 2008 he obviously had potential. However, in the last 3 seasons combined he’s scored a total of 9 goals. Although he’s still only 29, I much rather give Barry a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I always wondered how Smith actually managed Maupay he's volatile, ever since he has left Brentford he's gotten so much worse.

I am glad Smith brought in Watkins over Maupay also, it's crazy how Watkins was on the right wing at Brentford while Maupay was the main striker there.

I think it says a lot about the character and personality of the players in question. We paid a bit more for Watkins (£28m rising to £33m) than Brighton did for Maupay (£20m) but I think we got better value for money. Watkins has a far better attitude and work ethic than Maupay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I always wondered how Smith actually managed Maupay he's volatile, ever since he has left Brentford he's gotten so much worse.

I am glad Smith brought in Watkins over Maupay also, it's crazy how Watkins was on the right wing at Brentford while Maupay was the main striker there.

Maybe he’s only a nasty piece of work on the pitch? I watched a interview with him somewhere and he came across very humble and grateful to be where he was in life.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Maybe he’s only a nasty piece of work on the pitch? I watched a interview with him somewhere and he came across very humble and grateful to be where he was in life.  

It’s often the case that players act differently on the pitch than how they act in normal every day life 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks, I still come on every day and browse the site, my Dad said to stop posting, it is wise to obey him I think 

It’s good to have you back mate, hope you are well 👍

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks, I still come on every day and browse the site, my Dad said to stop posting, it is wise to obey him I think 

You must be enjoying how well our youngsters are doing… Any particular favourites? Carney being the obvious one but plenty of others who look promising…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You must be enjoying how well our youngsters are doing… Any particular favourites? Carney being the obvious one but plenty of others who look promising…

They all are SGC, they all are :( Aaron Ramsey is great as is Arjan Raikhy and Hayden Lindley is good too but they all are!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â