Josh King

JPAngel

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gregory is my favourite Villa manager (since I've been a Villa fan). Have you listened to 2 and half hour Claret and Blue podcast interviewing John Gregory? It's amazing

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Saddened how he was held back…

Love him for his desire to want to push us back into the elite and be renowned, he clearly loves the club.

Maybe he was too emotionally invested but it’s another reason I like him so much.

My fondness for Dean continues to grow too…

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I saw this was 12 pages on a thread that didn’t exist this morning and panicked but I realise it was a thread resurrection and nothing has actually happened 😅

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Saddened how he was held back…

Love him for his desire to want to push us back into the elite and be renowned, he clearly loves the club.

Maybe he was too emotionally invested but it’s another reason I like him so much.

My fondness for Dean continues to grow too…

I've said often Smith is best manager for me since Gregory. 

Gregory talking about his boot boy apprenticeship was great. I like Smith is old school feel but very much modern technical approach 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've said often Smith is best manager for me since Gregory. 

Gregory talking about his boot boy apprenticeship was great. I like Smith is old school feel but very much modern technical approach 

Yeah, after all this time we finally have a progressive and exciting manager in Dean, and he also loves and cares for the club!

Boy have we endured some dross over the years🤦‍♂️

Back on topic. Yeah, no to King. 
Let’s keep signing young, hungry and talented players with huge potential please.

Cheers.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

The guy was average 5 years ago. His time has passed, and I honestly can’t believe we’re even interested. Promote Barry to the first team to cover Watkins.

Doubt we're interested. Super lazy journos like has been the way last 2 decades 

• Like 1

This guy had double figure goal involvements 4 years running in the Prem and was tearing up the championship. He would have walked into our side if we didn't sign Watkins.

I can't understand the negativity around bringing someone like this in to improve our bench and increase competition? He's a versatile lad and still has a few years left in him. 

He's not replacing Watkins and we're not wasting any budget on him. We can't just break our transfer record and sign our new best player every time we make a signing, our squad depth is pretty poor right now and a couple of shrewd signings would benefit the squad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

This guy had double figure goal involvements 4 years running in the Prem and was tearing up the championship. He would have walked into our side if we didn't sign Watkins.

I can't understand the negativity around bringing someone like this in to improve our bench and increase competition? He's a versatile lad and still has a few years left in him. 

He's not replacing Watkins and we're not wasting any budget on him. We can't just break our transfer record and sign our new best player every time we make a signing, our squad depth is pretty poor right now and a couple of shrewd signings would benefit the squad. 

If we hadnt had signed Watkins, we would've signed somebody else.

I never thought Josh King was good when he was doing well, I didnt want to sign him when we were interested in last summer and the small cameo's he's had at Everton just re-enforced my view on him.  If we have Wes and Davis, why waster our money (wages) on him.  I'm no fan of Davis but I think he has more in his locker than Josh King.  No point signing somebody for the sake of signing somebody when they would get no game time even as a sub.  You have to bring in better than what you have and yes it doesnt mean replacing Ollie but it must be at least somebody who competes with Wes and Davis.  Given he was on 45k per week according to a number of reports, his value has decreased but maybe offset somewhat by being a free transfer he's going to be looking for 20-30k per week I would assume, maybe more.

he's without a club so his agent is obviously going to be offering him about. personally i think there's nothing to see here

there was a time where i'd have been keen, as a back up to watkins maybe this season just gone, but in hindsight we didn't need him anyway.

he's better than davis and samatta IMO, but i trust lange to find us better elsewhere.

Â