Birmingham Stabbing Attacks

ThunderPower_14

Chief Superintendent Steve Graham said victims appeared to be attacked at random, but there was "absolutely no suggestion" they were terror-related.

I’d be interested to know what qualifies as terror then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess terror is the use of violence to support a cause, blokes fighting with knives might be terrifying, but it's not terror.

In fairness, we don't know what's happened here so far and there could be an element of some sort of cause or -ism about it, but at the moment the only eyewitness reports we have are about gangs of lads fighting outside a club.

Also, fair play to the lady who works in one of those clubs for delivering her eyewitness statement in a bear onesie.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess terror is the use of violence to support a cause, blokes fighting with knives might be terrifying, but it's not terror.

In fairness, we don't know what's happened here so far and there could be an element of some sort of cause or -ism about it, but at the moment the only eyewitness reports we have are about gangs of lads fighting outside a club.

Also, fair play to the lady who works in one of those clubs for delivering her eyewitness statement in a bear onesie.

Yeah, I guess the police know exactly what caused it (gang violence i presume) but can’t confirm just yet.

Absolutely dreadful thing to happen in this great city of ours.

I can only think it can be

Terrorist attack??

Gang related??

Just some random lunatic??

Whichever it is the individual needs catching and catching quickly.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Random acts of violence aren't terrorism. The violence has to have a political point behind it, using the fear generated to send a message or promote a particular cause. Currently this doesn't have that. It's not at all clear what 'this' is - it could be gang violence, could be a lone nutter, could be terrorist in nature. We don't know.

We won't know until more details come out. Even if this turns out to have been committed by the most Muslim man to ever have lived, that still doesn't mean this is terrorism - it's entirely possible for a Muslim man to become a spree killer and it not be terrorism, if there's no point or purpose to the violence.

There is no suggestion the attacks were a hate crime, terrorism or gang related, West Midlands Police says

A number of streets near Birmingham's Gay Village are cordoned off while forensics experts carry out searches

Are the police hinting at homophobic attack?

Bbc

Edited by Genie

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like the big fight in Arcadian had nothing to do with it and was just part of a normal  Saturday night in Brum.

Welcome to Birmingham 2020 

Absolute hole. I've been working in the city centre for 23 years more or less and I hate the place now. Can't wait to get the train home after work. Hopefully i'll be there less and less now if we can work from home more. 

18 hours later and no official Police description of the attacker or CCTV stills. I find this strange as Brum is chock full of cameras and there are plenty of eye witnesses. 

Â